Love Ke70's Hks 1g 2 Door Ke70

love ke70

Members dont see this ad

who wants to buy it?

find? its not a find :P i started looking for panels in the states since september last year and ended up bringing a whole car in, which was relatively cost effective (if you can call it that) until i got slugged another 8 or 9 hundred to get the car out of the container. grr. nearly 700 of which was simply unpack and dehire container :blinks:

but owell, its mine now, and ive got a good contact, in california, so if anyone wants one i could prob get another rust free one, this one has a few dents, but the worst rust, is some bubbling in the spare wheel well...in australia I'm impressed find a spare wheel well that will still hold a spare wheel :P

thanks for the support guys, maybe tomorrow ill get chance to have a play with it, rum in one hand, prawns in the other...sounds like paradise hahah

schumacher cargo shipped it.

they put a few cars in a container at a time, and let me put anything i wanted inside the car, which was pretty good, and their prices came out best, cost me 1650 US i think, then nearly as much to get it through the ports once i got it here, which the freight forwarder on this end didnt really explain to me.

but owell :)

ok, quick update

the rain is continuing, and the swamp in my backyard has deepened further, making walking on any grass an excercise that will result in a lost thong.

On the car front, i have got it running :D

did as i said, dropped the oil, and replaced with used diesel oil, which was better than the milkshake that came out.

dropped the coolant, which was just clean water :glare:

and tried to start it. turned over alright but wouldnt fire at all.

with no start ya bastard i got some carby cleaner and sprayed as the old man turned it over, which resulted in it pre-igniting, so went old school and a dash of petrol down the carby saw it fire. but not run on.

did this 3 times and it decided it would pull some fuel up and run under its own steam, near faultlessly once i blocked off the open vac lines.

so shut it down, took the thermostat out and cleaned it and got it working, which it didnt wanna do at first, flushed the epic amounts of rust out of the block and radiator, and filled it up with some clean water, and fired it up.

runs alright, a little lumpy at idle but fine with some revs, contemplating retensioning head bolts and hoping i get through a road worthy with the motor in the condition it is, could always bump the idle a bit to make it sound better...

then its time to see if the auto will make the car move under its own steam, and find out why theres only a dribble of brake fluid in it. then degrease it all and see what happens from there :)

pretty sure I'm going to use this car.

keeping it LHD and going to rack and pinion, with power steer and a quick rack

or going RHD and not being able to go power steer but with a quick rack I'm not sure yet, gonna see how it feels to drive it LHD, but it would be pretty cool, just dunno how it would be for track etc

yeah man, where u stayin at?

always got some beer in the fridge if you wanna come round and chat some shit :) I'm on holidays til the 5th and havnt got too many plans, depends if the missus drags me outta the house, but I'm sure therell be some time for a chat, would be good to meet ya :)