--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 months later...

Alrighty, long time no post in here. Hasn't been much to post about really just enjoying this sweet little ride whenever I can... Thats all about to change!

Currently in the process of moving house and the new house has a pretty sweet double garage out the back and nice big back yard. Plus have an AE82 Seca to use as a daily for a couple of months, so there is really no reason not to work on her now.

Plans are - Couple of small rust repairs and dings I would like to fix, never going to be perfect, but just want to get it fairly straight and rust free.

- Respray exterior of car in white.

Really want to remove the rear windows to get at a bit of rust but not exactly sure how, and tips would be great otherwise ill do a bit of a search. Want to reuse the rubbers.

Anyway heres a couple of pics of the back yard while I had the car loaded up with parts to unload into the shed.

IMG_0232_zps27aa57be.jpg

IMG_0233_zps008a476f.jpg

Watch this space! ;)

Saw you cruising the other day near Belair road Chris, looks awesome mate - such a transformation from many years ago, and such a huge improvmenet from when you bought it "ghetto spec". It's gone full circle this car - was overrated with whitewalls as posted by me on the first page when I nearly bought it (that photo was 2006 I reckon), then thrashed and butchered to within an inch of it's life (slammed with twin mega-canon exhast) before you bought it, and now it's back to being awesome again, only better than before!

Dig the plans - it will only look better again!

Is your mate still cruising my old '38 - haven't seen it around for a while?

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom, much appreciated. That pretty much sums up the story of this car, in recent times anyway. Before that it was a stock mustard colour owned by an old bloke who took great care of it. It only took 1 owner (the third, I think) to almost completely destroy it in a matter of about 2-3 years. Very happy to give it a new life as the 4th owner and hopefully I never have to sell it!

Mate still has the your old wagon, yeah, it's been mostly all good for him and he loves it, but recently had a few engine troubles. I think he had to order a new starter motor or something. We got some pics together at one point so I'll have to dig them up.

Cheers,

Chris

Had a go at removing the rear window.. Didn't go so well Haha. Lucky there is a wagon down at the local wreckers which I will grab the glass off tomorrow.

ad2f08d7-591a-4cbc-9b59-40bc3f90d7bf_zps22883b06.jpg

Oh buggger........Had a similar thing with the ke38 van years ago,was mowing yard...happened to look at back of van...a stone had gone right through one corner of the tailgate glass.....massive shatter time...

Always better to cut the hard old rubber seal out with a knife (sharp)...you can buy new rubber seals...

Yeah, cutting the rubber would have been the easy way to do it. I was trying to save the rubber though because its still quite good. The annoying thing is I almost had it out and I just pressed a bit too hard in one spot and it exploded. Its not too hard to get both rubber and glass out undamaged, I just got too impatient. Oh well you live and you learn..

I'm glad to be doing it though, there's more rust under the rubber than i thought, so it will be good to get rid of it and seal it properly this time.

Thanks man, I love them too! :)

Continued working on the rust today, pretty happy with where I am at. Pics will tell the tail. Found a lot more than I thought there was but not a problem I got out my dodgy welding skills and had a go at it haha, actually went really well! Yes the welds aren't that great but I am definitely getting better at this type of thing..

Also picked up another rear window which is in good condition so no dramas there.

Sorry about some average pics

IMG_0264_zps2596b252.jpg

IMG_0266_zps44e6e880.jpg

IMG_0267_zps9722277c.jpg

IMG_0268_zps1dbe2c2b.jpg

IMG_0272_zpsf19a9532.jpg

And heres the replacement glass all cleaned up

IMG_0276_zps06c3ab92.jpg

I thought my rust was bad, check out this poor old wagon I got my rear glass from..

IMG_0263_zps5eafe639.jpg

Hope to have frequent updates for you all in the near future.

Cheers,

Chris