--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

So... all is not lost. Just a set back that really was not welcome. :down: It's not as bad as I first thought but still pretty bloody annoying as I was moving the car for the last time to my new place, where it was going off the road for a while so I can paint it.

So this person went full retard..

8d0aef39-86a2-4cb3-ad93-80f1ee01d913_zps17076ac9.jpg

and drove straight into the back of this person (who had been stopped for a good 20 - 30 seconds behind me at a red light)

IMG_0284_zpsd396e620.jpg

and then pushed into me and did this.... :bash: All in the middle of peak hour traffic.

IMG_0282_zpsfa8c3496.jpg

IMG_0285_zps5c41107a.jpg

IMG_0287_zps417b5d15.jpg

The tailgate is screwed. Bumper ended up ok but did get a bit twisted. Behind the tailgate has been pushed back a fair bit too.

Sorting out insurance stuff now, hopefully get back on track soon.

Edited by Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

That sure sucks...but I'm thinking by look of pics...you got off lightly.....tailgate can be fixed by looks of it..

Try a car full speed up the arse of a stationery 1992 corolla sedan.....the boot floor was sunk in 600 mm plus...was my partners car,luckily full insured.They wrote it off......passengers had whiplash injuries from the force and she was also pushed in the car in front of her...

Good luck with it all :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sick ride m8, i feel your pain!!

Loved spending the last couple hours drooling over this thread mate.

Actually just bought a pretty straight 38 today. Off a old guy so I'm the 2nd owner. Will put some pics up over next couple days.

Cheers guys,

At the moment I am looking for another one to buy as well. Got a bit of money from the accident so instead of fixing this one, which has had its fair share of fixes/ rust anyway. I will keep this one as my daily but really hoping to find a nice neat one to take to the next level. Now that I have all these cool parts I really don't see myself getting out of the corolla game for a while. Just need to find the right car to buy and it's on!

So nothing to report on this at the moment other than it's still kickin around Adelaide doing it's thing. And hopefully soon it will have a friend in the drive way :D

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks man, much appreciated. Sure has come a long way! :) I just remember driving it home when i first got it, diff slapping chassis, no brake fluid, no air filter etc etc. absolute junk! lol. Good car to drive now though.. Love it.

It does get a lot of attention too, you will probably spot it sooner or later :) although I'm not south anymore, more central/east but drive it nearly every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, cleaned up the wags a bit today and got some pics. Also had a go at white tyre writing but didn't get very far, it's pretty tedious haha. As you can see the rear end damage it barely noticable if you aren't looking for it. So it doesn't really bother me anymore. It's annoying that it happened but this car never was super clean anyway, only pretending :wave:

Need to get some more chrome strip for above the windows on the passenger side.

IMG_1080_zps3983c7ac.jpg

IMG_1084_zpsfcb0a4f6.jpg

IMG_1082_zps50844402.jpg

IMG_1083_zps03b8b2ff.jpg

IMG_1076_zps60e6cc76.jpg

Also picking up a new project next week, it's a Ke70 Panel Van. Can't wait to get my hands on it! :y:

Heres a pic, and a link to the thread here : http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/66357-ke70-panel-van-project/

photo-41_zpseac31d1c.jpg

Cheers (Y)

Chris

• 2 months later...

A bit has been happening around here since I last posted. I ended up selling the panelvan because of lack of funds and motivation for it. Now focussing on getting the 38 exactly how I want it. Will organise getting the rear end repaired sooner or later. Just need to find a ke36/38 tailgate which could take some time. If anyone knows of a good one please let me know! Will pay good money for a decent tailgate.

I have been doing a few small things to make it more of a pleasure to drive. Installed an Accuspark Stealth electronic ignition kit, which works great! It wasn't the right kit for my dizzy but I just had to modify the base plate a little to get it to fit right and it works a charm. Car runs way better now, especially at low revs. Noticeably smoother through the revs and more torque. Highly recommend this kit!!

Also aligned the drivers door and bonnet better. And tidied up the interior including making a new mount for the head unit in the glove box.

Well thats all I can think of right now, hopefully more updates soon :)

Edited by Oh-KE

• 2 weeks later...