--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

HAHA wow cheers for the pic!

Would love to get it to that standard again. Including white walls. It looks sweet as in that pic. Even got a white taggy in the background! Thats just awesome, seriously.

Yeah no worries, I'll always remember it because the first time I saw this car (in Adelaide CBD) I nearly ran up someone ass becasue I was gawking at it and drooling...it looked fantastic like that!

Good luck with it!

Members dont see this ad

Ah Steves old car, yeah he owns Signworks.

This car used to be incredibly clean and yeah the white pinstriping is something Steve has done on alot of his cars, thats how I instantly recognised it haha

still looks the goods mate, needs whitewalls and she'll be looking great.

Cheers, Ben.

Haha yes I know, not much rolla in that photo. It was meant to be huge but photobucket resized it ;)

Here's another from same day. Sporting a freshly painted bonnet with nice straight chrome strip. Couldn't get a perfect fit on it though. I'll have another shot at it sometime.

IMG_1692.jpg

This is what I have done to the interior. Removed centre consol. Added black carpet, ke55 door trims with ke55 stock speakers, wooden beaded seat cover and replaced faulty handbrake lever...

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

Dodgy as DIY glovebox install..

IMG_1660.jpg

And my latest addition is a pair of headlight visors. Crap pic but you get the idea.

IMG_1711.jpg

Keen to get some nice round mirrors. Was thinking peep mirrors but I have read they are useless on passenger side. Also keeping an eye out for chrome roof rack and chrome rear bar.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Oh-KE

Been working on getting the rear end out of my 55 to put into the 38 as it's way fresher and I'm sick of the noise coming from the rear end of the 38. It also gives me a chance to sort out the rear suspension issues.

So it's all out now and I've been getting it ready to go into the wagon.

Here's a pic to show my leaf pack which will be going in. I bought these reverse eye leaves off slapper ages ago and never got to use them. He said when I bought them that he was hitting the bump stops and after experiencing a lot of that lately myself I decided to do something about it. With a couple of hints from Slo-030 I decided to put an extra leaf into the reverse eye pack. Saved me 190 bucks (which is what I got quoted) and found it to be a fairly easy task.

This pic was taken at the half way point, with one extra leaf in and other pack still without.

IMG_1731.jpg

It's pretty much an experiment. I have no idea what it's going to be like after. Like how hard it will be and what height it will be.. But it's surely better than blocks that make me hit the stops all the time. I want to go on a road trip in this beast sooner or later so just trying to sort out all the mechanical stuff first. Then I will make a bigger effort on the body work and get it looking even better.

Cheers

Edited by Oh-KE

Hey everyone, I have done some work on my wagon again. Put the rear springs in and VERY happy with the feel of the rear end with an extra leaf and new bushes. Also still at a good height.

Put some new shoes, well actually old shoes(1978 13" steelies), which I think look the part. They just need some fatter tires as the ones on there at the moment are from stockies and are thinner than what can be put on these ones. Also got the crown 14s up for sale if anyones keen.\

Been playing around with the tailgate seal to try and stop fumes getting in when the window is open. Got the seal good but still I can smell it. I am now thinking it might also be getting sucked in through the number plate light assembly. I think what I will do is get the exhaust out of that area, like make it come out the side rather than right under the tailgate. Has anyone had this kind of problem with wagons?

Anyway heres a couple of pics of chrome wheels on and what a lovely day it is here in Adelaide today :yes:

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

Ps. the white stripes gotta go!

Edited by Oh-KE