--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

Some parts arrived the other day from Brendon ( username Smurf). He kindly sent me a decent rear bumper, very tidy number plate light assembly, some side vents and also 1 overrated tail light and 1 damaged tail light for spares. Here is a pic of the rear end as it is now with the parts on.

Also bought new number plates but they are secret for now, atleast untill I clean the car and take proper photos :D

Looking pretty tidy now though (needs a clean!)

IMG_1890.jpg

Edited by Oh-KE

I don't really know whats happening with the stripes, havent got around to taken them off but not sure if I even should..

Just replaced the rest of my steering components. Idler arm, tie rod ends etc.. Steers much more precise now but I think I need to get a wheel alignment now because its still a bit out of wack. Pretty keen to get some new tires which are a bit wider than these skinny stock ones but not sure if they are heaps expensive or not. And kinda looking at getting different rims so we'll see...

Also playing around with globes thought I would get the rollaclub input. Funk or Fail Wagon? :hmm:

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Regarding blue fog lights.

Also rocking fresh plates, from now on I got the Victorian/Government blue KE0038 plates.. At first I was like, Cool blue plates! Then I was like oh crap thats victorian colour (no offence), oh crap thats government/cops colour (no offence). Now I'm like, Cool, blue plates again! They got a big SA logo on them anyway.. And thinking about having a few other blue highlights around the car to get a bit of a theme happening.

Edited by Oh-KE

Here in SA. we have to keep well within the law. We don't have any sort of roadworthy tests. so the 5-0 are really onto the defects.

Minor defect (tyres etc) go to the cop shop. one look over the problems as written on the defect papers, $25.50 and its all good to go.

Major defects (height, oil leaks etc) go to Regency (Vehicle Inspection Staiton, Located in Regency Pk). WHOLE car gets a fine tooth comb check. If all good, $140 later and your all good to go. If it doesnt pass, it will be double defected and you will be sent on your way to have them both fixed.I have personally seen cars with 3 (THREE) defect stickers.

Regency is also considered the last stop before the wreckers or heaven for older cars on defect.

Quick update, got a prime condition 4k and 5 speed up in this beast! Completely stock apart from new extractors. Was spewing out oil at first from the oil filter but solved that with a new filter and bit of gasket paper. Tiny bit of coolant leaking somewhere still but it started up easy and sounds mad with extractors only, no exhaust at the moment. Getting rest of the exhaust in asap. Thinking about going 2" pipe through to 1 muffler with 2 inch tip. But not really sure if thats too big and loud.. other wise I might just do it same as the factory set up apart from pipe size and extractors.

Anyway I'll get picks up after I clean it up a bit. Cheers

2in with one straight thru muffler on my 4k KE30 was pretty loud. Probably just under the legal limit but gets annoying whilst trying to drive thru back streets quietly.

I'm going with a 2in system, 2in muffler and a 2.5in hotdog with twin 2.5 tips.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey people, small update on the wagon.. had the new exhaust system put in ended up going with 2 inch pipe with small hotdog and a "sport" muffler, ! . Also replaced intake and exhaust manifold gasket today because old one was leaking and making noise but stupidly didnt change it when the motor was out of the car so the job was much more annoying than it could have been......................... bluahrg. Good to have it done though and can notice difference in power and thats one less ticking noise coming from the engine haha

Also put some new roof gutter chrome strips on. Just the stick on type but it still looks good. Sorry no pics! I'll get take some soon enough though.

CHeerS