--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

Few pics for you all

Heres my replacement 4k now sporting some slightly shinier bits and extractors, has about 600hp more than before :lolcry:

IMG_1927.jpg

This pic shows how damaged the drivers side doors are. I have replacement sedan doors but the rear door is slightly different at the top only. Wondering if anyone has converted sedan doors into wagon doors before? I will probably be doing this unless I find a wagon one.. It looks like it will be fairly straight forward but if someone knows hows its done please let me know. (it would be great thing to have in the tech write up section)

IMG_1932.jpg

This is the good side :jamie:

IMG_1929.jpg

Heres the latest addition to the interior, a genuine granny knitted rug. I got it for christmas :P

IMG_1933.jpg

Did someone say best beaches in the world?????!!!!! For those who don't know this is Moana beach, just south of Adelaide. And being 40 degrees here today its no wonder it was so busy!

IMG_1934.jpg

And last but not least my car in front of my mural down at Jetty Rd, Glenelg. :y:

IMG_1935.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks FARKEN sick Chris. Love the beach shot :jamie: looks so like something you;d see in the 70's (apart from the teritory)

As for the door changeroo, it should be a matter of cutting the welds that hold the top frame on and undo the window related stuff (slides etc) then doing the same with the sedan door and swap tops :y:

I've thought about ti before but we just worked with the doors we had. People used to do this to KE20 doors to get them to fit KE25's (lower roof on 25's)

• 2 months later...

Best beaches in the world? Can't be that great, there are spare parking spaces :jamie:

Oh and there is no way to convert sedan doors into wagon doors unless you plan on cutting the tops off and welding.

Yeah it sucks alright but luckily they didnt damage anything or take anything else that was in the car like my ipod, head unit and speakers.. + I was starting to get sick of the sub anyway. Just lost probably 150 bucks I could have got for it if I sold it..

..and yeah jip thats what i was going do (cut and weld) to the door but i decided to tackle the existing door with the panel beating knowledge that I have and managed to get it pretty straight and with much less effort than converting a sedan door..

Car is looking and running really good overall, especially now that I have done the extractor gasket properly. I will post up more pics and updates asap

Cheers

Chris

:jamie:

very nice car. Love the rims. Kinda what I want for my next project. Always loved the e7 but these older ones are getting my attention. Gotta have the best looking ass on a wagon rolla. Would look better matt black, but I always say that...... :jamie:

Yeah man those rims were pretty choice hey, but they ran out of tread and I found a set of 14 inch jellybeans with heaps of rubber so I chucked them on instead and sold those ones. I plan on getting some really nice wheels probably 14x7 ish and chrome at some stage when I have the money. Was thinking maybe Cragar quicktrick wheel aka Modgies? But for now the jellybeans are chill. Also put on some nice new chrome mirrors on it which suit quite well..,

Had a 70s moment the other day in town..

;)

24357_405593966102_665886102_478979.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay, time for an update. I've been doing some work lately on the body. I am fairly new to this stuff so the repairs are not perfect but waaayy better than before so I'm pretty stoked really. here are some pics..

Here I have cut out a damaged bit of metal and a fair bit of bog.

IMG_2156.jpg

Welded another bit in from a ke55 and bogged it up, got it pretty straight still needs more work. This is not the best pic but you get the idea

IMG_2165.jpg

That gave me some confidence to tackle the worst rust spot on the, car the rear drivers side wheel arch. Here it is covered in shitty bog job =.=

IMG_2167.jpg

So I started hacking away and found heaps of rust and more bog haha this is a good photo.. I sure am glad to have this crud out of my car! :no2:

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

Cut it all out and welded some bits in..

IMG_2174.jpg

I am no pro when it comes to welding and metal work but even still its great to have a good strong bit of metal in place of rust covered in bog... This is metal out my old ke55 aswell.

IMG_2186.jpg

Next I took my wheels of one by one and refurbished them with new paint. They came up sweet.

_before

IMG_2249.jpg

_after

IMG_2250.jpg

Also got a few metres of 3mm chrome strip which I put in the rear window rubber.

_before

IMG_2263.jpg

_after

IMG_2310.jpg

More pics...

It's getting pretty straight now, just needs better paint, but it will do for now.

IMG_2260.jpg

Picked up some nice round chrome mirrors a while ago too.. Heres a front shot..

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

And this is the Delta, :P, Dads van which is set up for camping with a fridge, water tank, bed, dual fuel, lifter kit and heaps of other mods. It's an 8 seater! what a beast...

IMG_2262.jpg

Thats all for now...

Have a good one!

Cheers

Chris