My Brothers Turbo Commodore

ae174agze

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe because this is is rolla club, if people wanted to see commonwhores theyd sign up to some holden forum?

In this case, I agree. If it was the OP's second car or something, then I could understand. Or if it was something _really_ special (like a Lotus or something). But a Commodore with a turbo on it, whilst it is reasonably neat and well done, is nothing amazing to a Corolla car club.

a comodore is not a performance car how ever it does make some power from factory sure it drives like a 70yr old woman but it will still get you moving.

i hate comodores but you have to remember what most of the people on here forget... and that is that corollas are not a performance car in the slightest they are ment for familys of small people with no balls, as from factory they have an awesome 30 or 40 somthing kw lol don't get me wrong i love corollas but i have realised there kids matchbox cars no good for moving a high speeds, with lots of power, that como is stock and makes 160 with a turbo and almost no boost, someone show me a stock corolla that could do that with out blowing the tiny diff and gearbox to bits, as much as i hate to say it but it don't work, corollas take to much of other cars to make them good so why not just buy a good car to start with, no one ever uses corolla parts in other cars and i see why, not in anyway saying go buy a comodore because then you will just be like everyone else, that is the reason i don't like them and to be honest ke70's a like that now everyone has them,

I'm not knocking either cars here I'm just saying its hard to say its crap because its a comodore when it prob makes more power than most on here, after all there still corollas,

the point I'm trying to prove is yes it is a como yes they are pretty gay but i will admit with a good set of wheels (I'm keen to see what a como will look like with wide 17's, dish, good off set and streched tires) lipped guards and stiff suspention some neg and take some shit out to make it reasonable it could be good.

japan will alwayse produce better cars its a fact :lolcry:

Someone mentioned they were thinking about whacking a blower on their commdore,

Look into the raptor kits, they are around the 2k mark, but on an unopened engine they were pulling more the 200rwkw on a safe tune with no IC.

There was a bloke at WSID a month or so back with a twin turbo ecotech in his Datsun ute (only littleish turbos). Massive lack of traction and was still managing low 11s or 10s from memory.

The new DI V6 in the next gen of VEs has 225kW at the fly from factory, around the same as the original LS1 engines (VT and VX)

might make for some interesting conversions.