Moving To Canberra

ke30king

hey guys, i haent been on here in a while, but i am moving to canberra within the next few weeks. i will be needing a car when i'm there and would really love another either ke35 or 55 hardtop. wont be needing one as soon as i get there but soon after i will. it would have to be rego'd and in good condish. so if you guys know of any please let me know as i will be very interested.

also could someone please tell me the rules on changing engines and stuff in canberra as i would be pretty interested in putting a 2-3tc with a ra23 diff. i know you guys have yearly roadworthy inspections so yeah. i'm guessing it wouldnt pass with the wrong sort of motor in it. any info would be tops i guess i could make it so i could just chuck the k motor back in it when it comes time to do the inspection again but thas justa a pain.

cheers, lloyd

Edited by ke30king

Members dont see this ad

Great to have another rollaclub person coming to canberra!

We don't have yearly inspections anymore, got rid of them years ago. What they do now, is send teams of RTA blokes out and do roadside inspections. Randomly pull people over and check over their car...

I'm not too sure on the regs reguarding engine convos. Best bet would be to look up on line at ACT rego

Or give canberra conect a call on 13 22 81.

I know some guys have in the past put 5Ks 7Ks etc into corollas, and just notified them of an engine number change, and had no dramas, not too sure on 2T tho...

It's a bit different putting another K motor into a KExx, but it should be all good to go as long as the motor is no more than a 20% increase in power-weight or capacity.

So looks like you will need an engy's cert for a 2/3t unfortunately. I can't say that any (active) Canberra members own a KE35... oh apart from Yellow_18, but I'm quite

sure that she wouldn't be selling it.

Welcome to the 'Berra :dance:

ah well i'm not to fussed about it now haha i'll just chuck a 3t in and be done with it, if it gets defected... 3t out 3k in clear defect 3k out 3t in :dance: haha. but it wont be done unless i find a coupe in canberra or some where around it anyway

cheers, lloyd

I vote yes! Must have good drunken story/adventure included.

Yeah fug it, its already posted here in the tassie section so why not.

It was a quite hot day and we ended up having a water fight. People were getting covered in pots full of water but lloyd thought it was better used as a hat. Also notice the patriotic southern cross on his chest (it was australia day).....

0126081804-00.jpg

:jamie:

haha that was a bloody good day simon. not really after a 2 door sedan, not a huge fan of the shape, the hard tops are alot more unique. and i miss my old one so i'm hoping i can build another one the same, but better :P

cheers, lloyd

Well I rekon we should keep a look out for you and give you addresses (on PM of course) if you're keen to offer some money on them. I'm pretty sure I know where 1 lives.

that would be great seabiscuit. i'm hoping to be up there in about a fortnight so i'll start looking for one not long after that. a job would be more important at this stage lol. if anyone knows of any work let me know :P thanks again folks.

cheers, lloyd

We're always hiring drivers at Domino's! :rock: If you're keen you should be able to start work pretty quick.

Do you know which suburb you are moving to? If not, northside or southside?