Does Anybody Know If Bucket Seat Are Legal???

Rolla_Baby

hey all I'm jess, i have brought a new pair of bucket seats to put in my Ke70 but I'm not shure wether they are legal or illegal??

I asked a mate but he said that the cops pulled him up about it, and he just said "i thought that they were ment to be safe" and he got away with it, he lives in Adelade and i know that rules arn't as strict over there as they are in Queensland.

anyway cheers everybody.....

Edited by Rolla_Baby

Members dont see this ad

there are a few loop holes with bucket seats...

primarily, they MUST be ADR approved. there will be a Tag on the seats confirming this, or a certificate.

one of the rules in VIC states, you cannot alter the mounting point from the seat to the chassis.... so get around this by using Stock rails from your model, and modifying them to mount to your aftermarket seat.

most seats will come with generic mounting bars, use hi tensile bolts, washers, and nuts, and do things up TIGHT!

measure twice, drill once.

g/l.

If they are non standard seats in the car, they will need to be ADR approved seats, and will require an LH1 blue plate.

Conincidently I'm getting a blue plate tonight for a car with different seats, so I'll ask the question to what exactly you need.

Edited by Redwarf

You will have to take it to someone who is an actual engineer - a qualified licensed engineer. Mechanics are not engineers. There are some, but most mechanics are trained and qualified as just mechanics.

No such thing as a licensed Engineer.

At the end of the day, it'll need to be an approved person like Irokin said.

Edited by philbey