My New 70 Aka The Black Pearl

SLW42

When the needle hits 180km your already not worried about it and concentrating on whats infront of you hahahaha :yes:

id be interested to see how your car holds up at that speed mate,

mine is fine, but can feel the drag, now if i only had wings, haha

Members dont see this ad

yeah will hit that speed one day :yes: and i'd imagine afew things will shake and vibrate but it'll hold together, remember zip ties hold EVERYTHING hahahahahaha.

I'd prefer to bulid one for 10k myself personally :D this setup has cost me $10 so far so i think i'm winning

Ill have to show you my dash if you want,

I also have all the pedals out of the 180SX in mine also if that helps also

i have seen the pictures of it in your build thread, i likey alot :yes:

how'd you manage to fit the pedal box in there?? or is it just literally the pedals?

I can bring it around if you want to have a look at the setup,

its the whole setup, accelerator pedal and cable

brake pedal only, with one way valve off the booster

and modified clutch master (had to customise)

I can bring it around if you want to have a look at the setup,

its the whole setup, accelerator pedal and cable

brake pedal only, with one way valve off the booster

and modified clutch master (had to customise)

Yeah i'd like to see it in the flesh and have a good look at it, if you wanted to drive to the southside to show it off :P hahaha

So did you use the silvia/180 pedal box or just the pedals off it? How'd you go with mounting the accel pedal

Did you use the ke booster or the silvia/180 booster???

Well today has been abit of a creative ideas session with working out these engine mounts, i have skyline rb30 rubber engine mounts, and one side lines up overrated, the other not so much(has about a 5-10mm gap at the bottom of the rubber mount - x-member, when both mounts are bolted in), close but no cigar kinda thing, so my ideas have been to cut the steel mount on the crossmember and bend the mounts to shape the ca steel ones, or just get afew bits of 5mm steel and start again,

I'd really like to mount the motor further back then it will sit with the rb mounts, it sort of sits off to the drivers side abit(well looks that way anyways), will see how bunnings goes tomorrow cause at the moment i'm just throwing ideas around

Cheers

so here is a pic of the rb30 engine mount on the passengers side it bolts up overrated the drivers side not so much

post-7244-028582700 1299221331_thumb.jpg

only have a pic of the passenger side as it's the only one i'm happy with right now

nah havn't done anything to the drivers side yet it's just got a random mount in place, with the rb mount on the passenger side

The drivers side is yet to be screwed with cause this rain is pissing me off :bash:

Edited by SLW42