My New 70 Aka The Black Pearl

SLW42

Ok here is my new daily it is nothin special just sits to high needs to have the springs i have sittin around to put into it which is happening this weekend i will post pics up tomorrow but if you want to know what it looks like it is trav_555 old ke as i said it's just a daily driver

post-7244-1253289371_thumb.jpg

post-7244-1253289481_thumb.jpg

post-7244-1253289424_thumb.jpg

Edited by SLW42

Members dont see this ad

Updates, i have put king low springs in the rear of it now and i have ordered a gktech boss kit and gktech deep dish nardi imitation steering wheel and it should be here tomorrow or sometime next week i will throw pics up sometime next week

hey were did u get your kit from ?????

hay bud i don't actually know were it's from man you would be better off asking the bloke i bought it off man he is on here his name is trav_555 he actually owned the car before me and put the kit on the car.

since i have owned this car it has never had a bonnet scoop on it!!

here are afew pics of what has been happening to this weapon over the time i have owned it

here is my new steering wheel

post-7244-1254297666_thumb.jpg

how low it sits now with the springs in it

post-7244-1254297720_thumb.jpg

and a seat from my celica in the 70 it just bolted straight in and the seat is adr approved so there should be no need to get a mod plate

post-7244-1254297757_thumb.jpg

Edited by SLW42

Update for this jigga....... It is now getting a 4ag in it starting from hopefully this weekend if i can get an engine crane which means the celica is being put on hold till the black pearl is done so i am chasing a bigport 4ag loom and computer now and another t50 preferably with an a series bellhousing but t series will do i'm really not fussed, i am also chasing any body willing to wire the computer into the car once i have finished the conversion so any body willing to help me out we can come to a cash and alcoholic arrangement which ever suits your preferance please pm me if your willing to help out cheers Justin

Well guys TUESDAY afternoon started the 4age conversion on the BLACK PEARL we started to rip anything that got in the way of the motor coming out and while i mainly pulled all the stuff off and pretty much down to the point where it was ready to be pulled out

SLW42 helped in the begining and then soon moved to putting the AE71 pedal box in to the car and that was soon all tied up in 4 hours for the first days work.

Yesterday as its now past 12 midnight me and SLW42 started work again on the black pearl we soon had it up on stands and then we worked on pulling the gearbox away from the motor after the bolts were taken out that were holding the gear box crossmember in place once that was done we found an old seat belt attached to the new motor that was dropped off to us thanks douggie for the motor SLW42 is pretty happy with the buy and yeah we attached the old seat belt to use at a lifting strap and pulled the motor out.

so now the car is bare the engine and gearbox i will have to get pics sometime tomorrow as the AE crossmember swap should be happening

iam really happy to be apart of this build and hopefully when i buy my first toyota i will be doing something similar lol

oh well guys i will update it as soon as i can when further more stuff happens

This car is coming along now it has an ae crossmember in the car and a t50 gearbox crossmember into it and now has an ae peddle box in place soon to get the 4ag ready to drop into the car i just have a question do the fwd big ports have thermostats in them at all?

id think all production engine's have thermostats in them (correct me if I'm wrong)

as for a 4ag it should be on the back of the head.

picture: 4agwater.gif

in that picture it shows the thermostat inside the water pump well just next to it though!!

anyway i have just picked up 4ac engine mounts and the motor is just about ready to be dropped into the car this weekend hopefully :jamie: :bash: