Hans

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep i plan of getting disc brakes for the back(the front are disc), but not any time soon..i will do this mod when I'm getting new engine do it all in one go.

i was thinking of gettin slotted rotors as well but it seems I'm gna have to get them machined i can't find a place that sells 4x100 slotted rotors :(

the dint came from last nite. i was racing this guy..as i took the turn he skillfully took the inside but his tail hit the door at full speed....luckily neither of us lost control...i could keep it as a battle scar for the car ;)

just kidding, the dint came with the car when i bought it :yes: refer to earlier pics in the thread as well as my sig, you will notice it XD

next i will need a hood, if you look carefully, when enlarging the photos, you will see mini dints on it especially the obvious one in the front.

On another note I'm interested in gettin some xenons for the rolla, but seeing how it doesnt have "projectors" the result may not be as good, especially for oncoming vehicles..

is there another way for me to have "light blue" headlights? like blue bulbs? i saw some at repco, but I'm reluctant.

Edited by Hans

Small update:

i was working on the interior today.. the only annoying part of this is i cannot fully clip the dash face plate because not all wiring is complete..

so anyway i finally put a steering in and installed missile style switches

1 x fog lights

1 x interior blue neons (to be installed later)

161020091013.jpg

this gauge to fit where circle is drawn:

161020091015.jpg

161020091027.jpg

New steering wheel on:

161020091025.jpg

End result for the day..

161020091022.jpg

Edited by Hans

didnt do much this weekend becides the small detailz! :jamie:

- Sporty gear knob(from toyota paseo - straight fit)

- Ammeter gauge fitted

- Muffler Tip

- Ocean Blue Brake calipers (red is too common these days, i figured i'd go blue to keep a consistent theme)

as for the dashboard i'm trying to accomplish the look of a street/track car dash...please give me some feedback if possible :bash:

Refer below:

171020091032.jpg

171020091039.jpg

171020091035.jpg

171020091043.jpg

171020091041.jpg

thanks for the reply with the dash man, really helpful.. going to the wreck soon to grab one..

cheers

while you're at the wreckers, try look into some AE102 Dash that are already broken, get the red needles XD

refer to my cluster, Speedo + fuel red needle :)

can i ask.. why don't you install the sx cluster....

much neater, easy to do,

ive got a cluster here and the single din cover, 4age oil sender and the conversion chart for the wires..

i did this conversion to my 4afe seca

ill find some links for you to help you out... if you need pictures let me know

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42412

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4207

Edited by nknoxy12

can i ask.. why don't you install the sx cluster....

much neater, easy to do,

ive got a cluster here and the single din cover, 4age oil sender and the conversion chart for the wires..

i did this conversion to my 4afe seca

ill find some links for you to help you out... if you need pictures let me know

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42412

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4207

i knew this was gna crop up at some stage :)

Due to personal preference, i wanted my dash to have a "track car" feel to it, Initially the plan was to install the GTI cluster..i had even sourced the GTi cluster and was in the process of installation when i decided to get the other 3 gauges instead, so i gave up on installing the common GTi cluster. see below: (this is a while ago now)

21082009737.jpg

thanks for the consideration tho, lots of thought went into this decision. it just came down to personal preferance.

I think that the guages should be on more of an angle so you can see them better especially the one on the bottom. But other wise well done looks really good :) :P :)

thanks dude!

yea only after installing them i realised it wouldve been better at an angle, the issue is will the volt gauge, fromt he driver seat i can see 3/4 of it, same situation with the ammeter below. but i can clearly see the 2 important ones, oil pressure & water temp.

but I'm pleased with the final result, so i wont be angling anything XD