Hans' Ae92 Sedan

Hans

another minor update. i finally decided to install my CD player...as mentioned in previous posts..modification of glove compartment was in order, while i will admit, this isnt one of my cleaner jobs :y: it came out "ok"

here's pics:

EDIT: PICTURES REMOVED

that's it for this weekend.....i think, unless i get motivated tomorrow :S luckily the car had come with some decent kenwood speakers, I'm quite happy with them...next maybe i'll get a pioneer sub + amp...some doof doof is in order :dance:

Edited by Hans

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Bear,

sorry for late response.

the cluster should be wired the same way the original one was wired.

if it doesnt work after everything is connected, then the cluster you have bought is maybe faulty.

unless you did the wiring wrong. if you car has alarm, disconnect the alarm for this operation.

as for the temp gauge it shouldnt work straight away because the is off. turn the car on, rev it for a little bit you should see the temp gauge climb.

it is just a plug and play operation, should be simple. if you still can't get it to work, get a mechanic to have a look to play it safe.

-yuvi

GO THE SEDANS

I had one for years heres a long full of shit thread..

http://www.twincam.info/index.php?showtopi...5&hl=puzzle

this is what I did with my dash..

170906008qf3.jpg

Thread how I did it...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=14435&hl=dash

were you've painted the boot you can get a CSi garnish (the bit be tween the tail lights)

for about $50 at the wreckers

like this..

140507029nm6.th.jpg

any way keep up the good work

• 1 month later...

^^Cheers puzzle man!

anyway i havent been on here for a while. quite a bit has happened since my last visit last time i updated i has just installed the power steering by the looks of it.

on december 24, 2009 my Honda prelude was written off..i was not at fault. I'm still awaiting my insurance payout. it's been a bit of a tough time, but that didnt stop me from continuing the corolla works.. i had transfered some parts over.

don't get too excited its nothing major. i re-did the dash and added a digital clock which i havent connected yet, i also scored some Sparco style bucket seats, and welded some custom rails to fit them in.

Plans for 2010:

- Dark window tint

- Lowered springs (may get some coilovers ~ depending on how crazy i get)

- 4AGE Blacktop (last thing on the list ~ prepping the car first)

- Disc brakes in the back

- finish blue interior neons setup

- Projectors (headlights)

anyway here's some photos:

prelude rear ended

241220091480.jpg

New Seat in comparison

060120101571.jpg

custom rail in the making:

070120101590.jpg

finished articled:

110120101617.jpg

then repeat the process for the 2nd seat...lol

finished product:

110120101622.jpg

updated dash:

140120101629.jpg

140120101627.jpg

140120101628.jpg

140120101633.jpg

311220091538.jpg

Looking good Yuvi :wink:

Its no way a sleeper now but the mods you done are pretty cool. One little thing that i would change is the CD player surround. It looks good where it is but have you thought about Fibreglass surround? I read somewhere in the car sound forum about how to do it you could follow the step by step and do something with your glove box.. heres the link http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6096

Anyway keep up the good work

Johno

Edited by Johno

• 4 weeks later...
Looking good Yuvi :)

Its no way a sleeper now but the mods you done are pretty cool. One little thing that i would change is the CD player surround. It looks good where it is but have you thought about Fibreglass surround? I read somewhere in the car sound forum about how to do it you could follow the step by step and do something with your glove box.. heres the link http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6096

Anyway keep up the good work

Johno

thanks Johno!

that reminds me i have to learn fiberglassing! :blush: i'll definitly consider making a customer glovebox using fibreglass where i can still use the glovebox to keep stuff.

hmm will ned to update thread soon! in the oncoming weeks, car will be:

- Lowered

- Tinted

- New tires all around.

this is seriously gna impact my finances..but, totally worth it XD

• 2 weeks later...

so anyway, i got busy...

i got some new tyres 205/40 all around, windows tinted!! can any one guess what %tint it's on? haha :hmm:

interior blue neons setup is also completed.

car is getting lowered next week on some king springs 30% stiffer than stock..

here's pics:

Interior Neons setup

100220101672.jpg

Gettin new tyres at Goodyear!

170220101680.jpg

190220101692.jpg

Windows Tinted

190220101691.jpg

190220101690.jpg

190220101694.jpg

king springs

170220101681.jpg

170220101682.jpg

toyota writing changed to logo

200220101711.jpg

I need an opinion on this as well...i have a 100cm TOYOTA decal to go on the rear windscreen that i initially bought to put on the car once it was tinted, but I'm having second thoughts seeing how its looks clean already...should i do it?? lemme know what you guys think. :y:

more updates next week..

Edited by Hans

Nice Tint man, is it darkest legal 35% with that metal stuff?

Will be nice to see the new springs fitted :hmm:

Edit: Whats the decal? Is it worded "TOYOTA" 1 metre across or a massive toyota Logo?

Edited by Johno

Hey man love checking your thread for updates. Just wondering if you can scale your pics down. Its killing my pc. None of the pics fully load :hmm:

Would also be easier to upload to what ever site you load them onto if they were smaller.

Hey Guys,

sorry i do apologise for the picture sizes, they are quite massive...i will try to get them resized from now on.

Nice Tint man, is it darkest legal 35% with that metal stuff?

Will be nice to see the new springs fitted :)

Edit: Whats the decal? Is it worded "TOYOTA" 1 metre across or a massive toyota Logo?

yea its from Solar Tint "Black Pearl"

Black Pearl Is the very first Nano particle technology film in its class! Fade and corrosion free outlasting other conventional materials incl. dyed & metalised films by more then 50%, this film is spectrally selective which means it rejects glare & blocks heat while providing visible light & optimum clarity. This new technology wont interfere with your car’s next generation innovation such as rear screen aerial, GPS & satellite radio. With 99% UV (A,B&C) & 63% Glare rejection all with a nationwide lifetime warranty.

as for the logo it is worded TOYOTA and it's 1meter accross, i already have it..but I'm wondering whether i should put it on refer below:

i just resized these ones:

toyotalogo.jpg

rollafeb10.jpg

Springs to go in this week..