Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So tomorrow is going to involve:

- pulling out a complete dash at the wreckers if it's still there so I can get it reupholstered and put it in prior to the ID check.

- sanding and fitment of the new guards and front apron and doing very minor rust repairs on the left front guard prior to fitment.

- sanding and painting the spare wheel carrier I picked up when I was at the wreckers a week or so ago.

- if I get time, the minor panel damage on the left hand side between the door and the wheel arch will need knocking out, a slight bit of fibreglass to fill in the lows that wont come out and then a sand of paint and some primer.

Next week my straight rear bar should arrive, so I'll be looking forward to also fitting that up to complete its straight look. and then it will just be sanding back of the body work, a coat of primer and then a coat of paint.

I still have a few electrical issues to sort out, so I need to make a harness and rewire my HEI in the engine bay so it can be moved inside the car and also unplugged if need be.

I'll get some more pics tomorrow of the progress.

Edited by Raven

As I was exhausted, I didnt get a chance to upload the photos.

The weather was pretty crap, but here are some pics!

post-600-1254215857_thumb.jpg post-600-1254215867_thumb.jpg

post-600-1254215879_thumb.jpg post-600-1254215930_thumb.jpg

post-600-1254215950_thumb.jpg post-600-1254215965_thumb.jpg

The camera battery went flat prior to me getting a half completed picture of the front end of the van.

More to come tonight possibly!

Edited by Raven

Panel Welding with an Arc welder? Fun and games!

I borrowed a TIG off my mate and I'm getting my chops up with that, if you want to let me come around and practice on your panels....

EDIT - ahh, I see, lap joints.

Edited by philbey

Panel Welding with an Arc welder? Fun and games!

I borrowed a TIG off my mate and I'm getting my chops up with that, if you want to let me come around and practice on your panels....

EDIT - ahh, I see, lap joints.

Haha, yeah, I don't own a mig, but the arc seemed to do the job without warping anything, thanks to the old man doing the welding.

Just need to get stuck into filing it back smooth and a touch of fibreglass or something to fill the lows.

Just picked up some scuff plates from U-Pull-It for the minimal sum of $6.00 an onthe way back I dropped past Oh-KE's place and picked up a set of struts of $20 so I can do my suspension and then just swap it straight over once it has some new discs and shock absorbers in it.

I hired an Oxy-LPG setup this weekend and I must say it worked pretty well.

The guard is looking much better, thats for sure.

Not too much progress really.

Have now plumbed up all the emissions, so the purge hose from the carbon canister now runs into the carby baseplate that SLO-030 so kindly gave to me and that hose that runs to a standard single carb air filter from the rocker cover now runs to the baseplate as well.

Next on the list is to finish off the guard, find myself another front apron and the knock out a few more dents, replace the rear bar, fit up the spare wheel carrier after its painted and source myself some brand new carpet, the a lick of paint and off to get ID checked.