Raven'S Ke36 Delivery Van - Sold

Raven

You can use a RRFPR in a non boosted setup, if no boost line is connected fuel pressure is referenced to atmospheric pressure. The Malpassi carb one I have is adjustable.

Biggest problem is they are a return style regulator, so NEED a return line.... Otherwise they will just supply full pump pressure. A dead-head style reg (Holley type) is needed if you don't run a return line.

Yeah I had a look tonight and its adjustable but the return is sealed up and I don't really want to have to plumb in a return line to the tank so I'm going to get a low pressure electric carby fuel pump next week through work.

It runs 2.5psi-6psi, so should be a better setup than whats on it and maybe I can get the damn thing to run right. :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...and rewired!

Tidied up the engine bay a little too. Whoever the previous owner had got to wire up the Crane Ignition was a butcher!

Still need to get that fuel pump though :jamie:

Edited by Raven

All depends on what fuel pumps I use and what powr I'm chasing I guess.

Gonna re-check the fuel regulator tonight before I get stuck into changing the fuel pump if I need to.

Edited by Raven

Regulator did jack shit. Fuel pump change made it marginally better.

I'm now thinking the cam isnt dialled in correctly which could be causing my issues.

Who wants to dial it in for me? Will pay in beer or bourbon!

All depends on what fuel pumps I use and what powr I'm chasing I guess.

Nah man. Carbys only need a low pressure pump and reg. There's no reason why you would need a RR EFI pump for a carby fed motor...... unless it was turbo'd, but then you would use the correct carby RR malpassi.

To check you cam timing remove the #1 plug so you can sit a long screw driver or something on the top of the piston so you can feel its position. Then with the "engine hat" off watch the rockers for #1 while you turn the motor back and forward and try and see if the cam timings a bit off. ;)