-- 68Krolla Re-Build --

68krolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic progress. Funny when you see the car bare, there really isn't a lot in them is there.

I'd be staying away from the hilux diff. Hellishly heavy for such a small car, and total overkill for a 4AGE.

Where was your rust?

There wasn't much rust at all in the car. there are a few small holes from where the body trim has been sitting and a there is a water trap at the beginning of the rear wheel arches under the body but i'm going cut it right off, sand blast it, rust convert it, re weld and prime again. I have been given a really good shell with minimal rust but most of the panels are bogged like hell. i would rather have the body perfect anyway because you can always track panels.

Edited by 68krolla

• 3 weeks later...

Over the past couple of weeks i have en researching and deciding on what front end setup up i will go following closely to a couple of threads on here. So this is what i have come up with,

Front shocks: Pedders Ke20 inserts (Ordered for Monday)

Springs: Otomoto Coilover sleeve kit 4kg/mm springs (Paid For)

Brakes: Hopper Stoppers Kit (Will Purchase this week)

Just to clarify Do i have to order the early model corolla kit but when i asked hopper stoppers if they would fit a ke10 they weren't to sure due to them coming out with drums. Can any body confirm this before i get them. I'm sure its the right one because you can put the ke20 disks on the ke10 so i don't see what the difference is.

Not much more at but I'm hoping in 2 to 3 weeks time the whole front end setup will be done and the rear is next!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-9188-1259985875_thumb.jpg

post-9188-1259985897_thumb.jpg

post-9188-1259986506_thumb.jpg

What size Otomoto Kit did you go for?? 43mm, 45mm...??

I am keen to do this to my KE11 :hmm:

The 48mm kit is the PERFECT fit. The sleeves fit over my strut like it was made for it. The Struts Still Have to be painted though!!

Edited by 68krolla

The 48mm kit is the PERFECT fit. The sleeves fit over my strut like it was made for it. The Struts Still Have to be painted though!!

Thankyou kind sir :(

So you still used KE10 Struts but put in KE20 Inserts is that correct? Sorry for all the questions but with KE1xs we are in pioneering territory as there is not much info on modifications to the suspension for these :hmm:

Thankyou kind sir :(

So you still used KE10 Struts but put in KE20 Inserts is that correct? Sorry for all the questions but with KE1xs we are in pioneering territory as there is not much info on modifications to the suspension for these :hmm:

Yep the ke20 insert goes in all sweet but you need the guide rod thing on the old oil shocks to space out the top about 20 mm. I'm so happy with my combo. The hopper stoppers brakes next..