wagn

Here's my 1973 ke20 after not owning a car for a few years i wanted to get another i was looking for a wagon but wasn't having any luck but got offered this for $400 thru a friend.

Its pretty much standard except for 13inch mazda 323 rims and a 4k and k50 So far i have just cleaned it up a bit and got it running better my plans are get to get it painted the original colour and tidy enough for rego in SA then start some mods to suspension and some 14x7 wheels then later some engine mods.

how i bought it

100_0923.jpg

100_0926.jpg

After a clean

100_0947.jpg

And after i painted under the guards,rims and headlight,grille,tail light surounds and got rid of the commo indicators

100_0952.jpg

100_0954.jpg

100_0960.jpg

Does anyone know the name of the colour or the paint code of this orange and what are my options for shocks and springs for the stock struts?

Edited by wagn

Members dont see this ad

Good find, body looks tight. :)

She looks pretty bruised on the left hand side, someone touched it up? Is there any rust?

Are you planning on changing on modding the 4k or changing it out?

Do you have any ideas on what you're going to transform it into?

Good find, body looks tight. :)

She looks pretty bruised on the left hand side, someone touched it up? Is there any rust?

Are you planning on changing on modding the 4k or changing it out?

Do you have any ideas on what you're going to transform it into?

Yeah its had a small side swipe in the past the bog has fallen off from a bad repair job and its had anew door as you can see the paint falling off around the window its been touched up a few times hopefully it will be getting painted over xmas.I'm planning on moding the 4k with a bit more compression,webber,cam and exhaust or doing the same mods to a 5k if i can pick one up for a good price.I wanna transform it into a clean decent handling decent performing car thats fun to drive and looks tuff with some decent offset watanabee style wheels

Edited by wagn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

small update the car is getting a full re-spray in the original butterscotch

i have done the boot already and the rest of the car is being sanded back i don't think the boot turned out to bad for my first go at proper re-spray hopefully the rest of the car comes out as good if not better :dance:

boot1.jpg

boot2.jpg

Spent the last few days working on the drivers side qtr and door that had some damage from a badly repaired hit, got it smoothed out and spray puttied 100_1125.jpg

also did some polishing

100_1120.jpg

100_1122.jpg

And still got alot to do ;)

• 4 weeks later...

This weekend i got some stuff done actually feel like I'm getting somewhere

repainted all plastics silver

IMG_0012.jpg

one side is straight and in primer

100_1171.jpg

100_1169.jpg

Still not happy with the body line so i will have to fix that up