Coilpacks On 4age 16v

TARAKAN

hi i just wana know if anyone knows how to intsall coilpacks on a 4age 16v motor. ive heard that u can use sr20 coilpacks but what else would i need? how do i hook them up? i wana do that since i have a problem with my dizzy not putting out any spark. so it would b nice if someone can share their knowledge about how to install coilpacks and what would i need. thank you!!!! :blush:

Edited by TARAKAN

Members dont see this ad

You will need an aftermarket computer to drive multi-coil from what I understand. Stick with the standard ECU and just replace the coil if it is faulty..

Do you know if the ECU is even triggering the coil?

Can't just say that the distributor is not putting out any spark...

Could be a bad connection at a plug somewhere...

hi thanks for replying. with the ignition i have replced coil, the iginter is working, I'm getting spark from the coil to the dizzy. ive put new leads, dizzy cap and rotor but still i can't get any spark from the dizzy. we tried my friends ecu from his car and still no difference. we have also replced wiering going to the whole ignition system. ive even bought another ecu. i understand what else it can be. ive been trying to solve the problem fore 2 weeks now.

they look good. i have tried 3 dizzies. i don't knkow if it will have anything to do with the ignition but we pulled out the gearbox to do welsh plug then we put it back in and the car wont start. yeah the dizzy cap and rotor both look good. maybe i need to reaplace that module inside it but i can't find any in brisbane ive asked almost everyon and looked all over on the internet. realy don't know what it can be.

Edited by TARAKAN

From what you have written I assume that the coil is sparking before it gets to the distributor? (You have taken the lead to the middle of the dizzy off and checked for spark during crank?)

That would mean that the distributor is sending the correct info to the ECU and triggering the coil. (Low tension side of the ignition system is fine.)

That means the the problem is where the spark is getting distributed through the rotor button, through the cap and to the desired lead/sparkplug. (High tension side.)

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds to me that the circuit opening relay is not working correctly when the key is turned to the start position.

If this relay doesn't activate the fuel pump and the computer, then there will be no spark while the key is in that position.

Also check the starter motor wire for a possible short, as the same wire activates the relay mentioned.