Jip's 2003 Subaru Liberty Wagon

JiP

• 3 months later...
Members dont see this ad

Well been going through a spending spree lately.

I've just had an alarm installed...

post-1158-0-47159100-1344145726_thumb.jpg

And in about a month I'll be off to Bali on a holiday and while I'm gone I my car will be getting a respray!! :D Can't wait!!

Well got my car back finally after just over a week and it costed me just over $1,900 :( Not entirely happy with the sound and feel of the car but I guess I'll get use to it.

Also stopped by Subaru on my way home and finally enquired about what suspension parts differ between the Liberty wagon and the Outback. To my surprise the only thing I need are the struts!! :D So hope to have the car raised soon :)

Well the clutch feels different which is to be expected. The sound of the car kicking over isn't the same, tho assume that must be due to the solid type of flywheel they've put in compared to the duel mass flywheel I had.

The sound of the exhaust feels like its more quieter compared to how loud it was before :( And being picky but where the exhaust pipe comes out in the recessed cut out section of the rear bumper, its way off centre and hugging the car left. I guess it isn't a big thing but again I am OCD.

Also when I'm going downhill and down shifting from 3rd to 2nd while braking I've sensed the car shudders a little while I'm removing the clutch, but it might just be me and I might just be nit picking. I guess I'll adjust in time.

• 1 month later...

The cltuch shudder could just be the new clutch wearing in, but with some dual mass-single mass conversions, you get some shudder in the drivetrain.

As for the exhaust being off centre in the cutouts, just jump under, unbolt it from the car or wherever the last flange is, have someone pull it to the centre and then tighten it up.

Suprising how much movement there can be in such a simple thing (2 bolt or even 3 bolt flange)

Yeah, well I've gotten use to the clutch now which is okay. Was just shitty cause the car changed and didn't feel the same.

I've also just bought myself some struts from a Subaru Outback which I hope to fit soon :) Then I'll get MOAR height :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...