1972 Ke20 Sr20Det 2017 Update

MYT B OLD

hey man what strut brace are you using?

hey mate, the strut brace is a one of custom made item. Happy to get a price for you from the current fabricator to make a similar one or the same one if you'd like.

Makes a difference when it's bolted onto the car.

Edited by MYT B OLD

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the wipers done in chrome.

6199819232_0268a14a2a_z.jpg

6199310327_18afc0507c_z.jpg

Off to get some more work done

5449312767_643138fafa_z.jpg

Getting it finished off

rollaonhoist.jpg

Shaved boot with custom release latch. Rear plate on to see how flush it looks, very happy how it came up

5392032412_f69f45c1cb.jpg

more to follow, not the end of it yet

• Upvote 1

Hey mate, I had the wipers done by vinci chrome here in Perth. Not everyone was keen to do them and had quotes at $700 for the pair. Only due to having different metal from alloy and steel and having to be put apart but Vinci did them in one piece and I got the finish I was after.

http://www.vincichrome.com.au/

Also another addition to top up the chrome front end of the car was the hood vents. Had them sent to the Bronzing Studio in Sydney. It was hard to do due to the respraying over the years but after a number of cleaning processes they were able to plastic chrome them.

I am very happy how they came up

6304671691_08296997a7_z.jpg

6304666099_70db4dc128_z.jpg

6305185446_825aa3bbbc_z.jpg

Thanks guys, it won't be much longer before she's ready. I'm getting everything done the right way with no shortcuts and trying to get the best of parts or custom made and fabricated parts as this car deserves it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cheers mate thanks for that! keep the pics coming! Question do you know anywere to restore anodized aluminimum like the scufff plates and stuff

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sure there are places that do it here in Perth.

Is chroming expensive?

How much to get the vents chromed?

The vents were $600 for the pair. They were a bit difficult to do due to the previous coats of spray they had on them. They managed to clean it all off tho after a number of different procedures. Pics don't do them justice and you can actually feel there is a bit of weight in them vs non chrome which means a proper job was done.

woow that is a clean beauty....... :rolls:

Chrome works are fantastic..... :yes:

Did you chrome plate the rear light frames also???

Great works...

Keep up the good work...

Best wishes

Cheers. Yeah everything is chromed, rear light surrounds and front aswell. Pretty much got everything chromed that could of bin done on the outside.

never know such a awesome ke20 was in perth, here i was thinking i was the only one having a rebuilt one :)

really looks the good, sleeper spec aswell

Very rare cars in Perth. There is a white one also that cruises along Gt hwy in Ascot with the boot lip spoiler, so stock. I think the owner works at the Ascot BP there. Also know of a brown one in Applecross that gets out every now and then.

We'll have to get a cruise going one day. If we get to see anymore of the ke20's rolling around hit the owners up to join rolla club and we can go cruising. Would be awesome to see at least 5 ke20's cruising together no matter the condition, they don't all have to be modified or restored. Would be a dream.

• 3 years later...

After almost four solid years finally getting the rest of the car finished off.

After bigger things in life and priorities I can finally concentrate on finishing the rolla off.

At the moment a custom fuel cell is being built which will consist of a internal surge tank/swirl pot set up. This will allow a total of 55L capacity.

804BB5BF-7EF2-4137-88C5-1368E601E63D-2303-000002B0DD4EFBB5_zpscritnatf.jpg

As too much is happening I'm going to write up everything that's being custom made and parts used. I've changed a lot of things at the moment.

Will be all complete before Christmas than onto wiring with bulkhead fittings etc

Edited by MYT B OLD

Stepped down from gt3076r to a gtx2867r vband .72.

Sold the powertune mani with the 3076 and got a 6boost to suit the little gtx2867r

Only reason on stepping down is I know I won't be able to use the 3076 to it's full potential as per traction issues which would arise and I'm not keen on going down the mini tubbing route. The gtx2867 will no doubt get me to 400 whp if I want but I will see what happens at around 350 whp or there about. A car under 900kg is going to be quick regardless. With 230whp on a hi flowed T25 it did a 11.9 so with additional 100+ it will dip into 10's. C4 2 speed set up will be for drag duties and retaining manual for the causal drives. I'll get into that more when the time comes :)

E1FA8837-97E7-4EB0-B149-CD729EAAD161-1047-0000013A8A6BAF29_zpslksxjbcs.jpg

6C275570-342D-43D5-A5BE-B6E3A6CEB2B1-1022-000001379C777F4A_zpsa19razcx.jpg

Also changed the wastegate from tial 44mm to a TS hypergate 45mm

A bit on the interior side, I had the roof lining done. The material I supplied to the upholster was not the best as it has pretty much zero stretch. He said in his 30 years doing upholstery it was one of the more difficult materials to work with. First he called up and told me all that and than said leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.

He called later in the afternoon to come pick it up. When I saw it, it was absolutely perfect. All the stitching and the stretch is perfect. Really nice to look at when you look up.

A86D5154-E57A-4FAD-82C7-44216D2A3229-1926-00000202FA9DC7C4_zpsb3xxyxep.jpg

63EDAAFB-972C-4111-86D0-DD84436B19C7-1926-00000202F22F8AEF_zpsyss7dj57.jpg

I will get the sun visors done in the same material and the passenger roof handle in black to blend everything in.

Edited by MYT B OLD