fixing rust

rolla2.jpg

quick coat of black spray cans

rolla_3.jpg

a beauty shot

rolla_4.jpg

fixing those bonnet dents *shakes fist*

rolla5.jpg

slowly turning into more parts than car as i get kinda anal about doing it up. One thing leads to another.

rolla7.jpg

fitting new carpet which ended up in stripping all the trim so I could paint it. God knows what ill do to the seats now they are out..

rolla8.jpg

brand new shmick tail lights. Imported from Malaysia i think. Repco only had left ones! These came with bulb holders and everything. Was awesome deal and, as the proverbial budgie says, Cheep.

rolla9.jpg

Yeah so thats a few of the many pics so far. Didnt wanna overload my first post. Hope ya like it as much as I do so far!

Thread TL;DR

Mods:

Extractors -> 2" -> hotdog + sports exhaust -> chrome tip

Ghetto air cleaner/pod filter

GT40R coil

HID's 6000k 35W

Chrome grill.

Kamei front lip.

KE30 chrome bars.

Clear guard indicators

Bonnet pins.

Swift directional window squirters.

35% tint

Central locking

Push start.

Stainless gear stick surround.

Volt + mech temp gauge

Tacho dash w/ red led's

Dash mat.

New black carpet.

Autotechnica wheel

Autotechnica 'MONZA SPORT' seats.

3 point harness.

Custom black vinyl door cards / parcel shelf.

DX tail lights.

AE-teks 15x7

Adj. whiteline panhard.

ST celica front ultra low springs in rear w/ short strokes.

Chopped fronts.

Boot/fuel popper.

Chrome mirrors.

Rear louvre.

Shitty army paint.

Keenwood USB HU w/ 4", 6x9, 12" sub, 4channel & 2 channel amps.

I think thats about it.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

gonna keep it matt black, and keep the black theme inside with a splash of red trim. Though maybe some racing stripes in gloss black but might look too wankish. But yeah chrome bars and quads are in the plans for the future. Might recess the bumpers on it now till then. Still undecided whether to keep the jellies or go for my 17's.

Carpet was dirt cheap too! Fron Knoxautocarpets.com i think. Fully moulded brand new with the drivers foot pad. Nothing was cut out tho but i had the old shit, put it on top of the new shit, and chalked out the holes. Good opportunity to clean out 27 years of crap under the carpet as well. Plus I scored a bunch of brand new carpet underlay from a building site (job perks) to replace whatever the hell they put under the old carpet.

few extra photos.

previous owner had a pust start button, i remounted it in the doorlight space as it(doorlight) didnt work

pushstart.jpg

bat cave aka rollacave

batcave.jpg

there is something about matt black cars in the wet that make me feels a bit tingly in the pants...

roolapine.jpg

and just another generic glamour shot.

rollasunshine.jpg

• Upvote 1

today i stuck the tail lights in and put some underlay down. Stripped two door cards down ready to remake them and scrubbed 28 years worth of crap off all the plastic trim ready for paint. I hope its my almost flat battery cos the tail lights are doing weird things, brake light flashing when indicator on, gonna have to check my grounding methinks.

P30_12_09_17.38.JPG

P30_12_09_17.42.JPG

thats it for now spent more time cleaning the garage than anything else, at least i found most of my tools!

made a few door cards today, first attempt was terrible, 2nd one turned out pretty sweet

first attempt without padding, looked like dogs balls.

P31_12_09_16.01.JPG

second attempt, chrome door handle still to go on. Doors will be painted black too.

P31_12_09_17.09.JPG

i used an old towel for padding, worked sweet, ha ha :) Each door card cost me under $10 to make.

• Upvote 1

i considered doing the same thing but can't find them in black. Plus i prefer a nice flat look. Plus a decent set would cost more than 10 bucks a door. Need to find chrome window winders tho, and some nice chrome wing mirrors.

Edited by blzbub666

i considered doing the same thing but can't find them in black. Plus i prefer a nice flat look. Plus a decent set would cost more than 10 bucks a door. Need to find chrome window winders tho, and some nice chrome wing mirrors.

Yeah chrome would go alright.. I'm considering re-carpeting mine and doing the door trims like u've done. it looks so neat like that, i'm chasing some fendor mirrors for it atm :) once i get it painted and sorted I'm most likely going quad light and chrome bumbers. you mind if i ask how much ur carpet cost?, btw does anyone know what model dash matts will fit a ke70? i've seen plenty of 88-92 corolla dash matts but can't seem to find a good shape.

Dan.

i got my carpet from http://www.knoxautocarpets.com.au/

tho i didnt get it through the website i found it on ebay. It cost 150 including postage I think, maybe less. For that price only budget weave (but who wants shag pile?) and only 3 colour choices, black, dark grey and a lighter grey. And had no holes cut out so keep your old carpet as a template. And yeah I'm looking for dashmat too. Think these dudes do them too. Or repco.

And dude honestly a sheet of 3mm MDF 2.4m x 1.2m $7.20, 3m of vinly from spotlight $44.85, contact adhesive $10, and then all ya need is a jigsaw, drill, staple gun and a few hours, (plus an old door card as a template and a few old towels!!!). Maybe I should make a thread how to do it...

Found these mirrors http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

mmmmmm chrome bars and quads, I'm looking at some quads, pricey tho.