Cop Bait Ke70

B.L.Z.BUB

what do you guys think about these rims painted gloss white with black centers? Would pop out againts the matt black. My missus suggested it, have been staring at pics of it trying to imagine it. Or red.

mate sweet as car i reckon you should just polish the wheels.

how did you do the parcel tray, did you make a new one or cover the old one and did you fit the sealbelt guides in?

thanks Sam

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members dont see this ad
mate sweet as car i reckon you should just polish the wheels.

how did you do the parcel tray, did you make a new one or cover the old one and did you fit the sealbelt guides in?

thanks Sam

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

just traced out the old one and cut new one out of 3mm MDF. I have non retractable seatbelts so there arn't any guides, belts bolt to the pillars. Made with the same technique as the door cards. Took about 20 minutes. Cost about 5 dollars in materials.

Hey dude looks sweeeet! when will you have it on the road? a few of us are going for a cruise this friday night hope you can make it bro. :jamie:

I've still gotta source a few parts, then ill book it in for rwc. Prob wont be able to afford rego for a few weeks. And the accelerator pump really need attention i have crap acceleration. My next door neighbour has some ae86 front struts for me too.

Edited by blzbub666

well you can always tell when you use shitty paint it turns out powdery BUT the quality turned out great y dnt you give it a polish and try and get some shine outta her lower her a bit and fuk those jelly beans get some nice chrome ones or 15" jdms MESHIES lol but looking great good job

Edited by rollake70

well you can always tell when you use shitty paint it turns out powdery BUT the quality turned out great y dnt you give it a polish and try and get some shine outta her lower her a bit and fuk those jelly beans get some nice chrome ones or 15" jdms MESHIES lol but looking great good job

Its not powdery, i painted it matt black, i don't want it shiney. Lowered when i can afford to do it properly, and new rims when i can afford them.

I'm paying a mortgage I'm not made of money living at my parents with no bills. :jamie:

Edited by blzbub666

Its not powdery, i painted it matt black, i don't want it shiney. Lowered when i can afford to do it properly, and new rims when i can afford them.

I'm paying a mortgage I'm not made of money living at my parents with no bills. :P

Hahhaha you sure told him....

If you want cheap quads I know a few people that have gone to upullit and pulled then out of the real old sigmas , 70s celicas , old coronas , old old honda accords and just riped out the cables out of old ke70s there and some how managed to wire them up nicely on there cars...

Just a tip mate

And you should be real proud of your car , you've done some nice things to it.. Good luck with the future

Morgzz

Hahhaha you sure told him....

If you want cheap quads I know a few people that have gone to upullit and pulled then out of the real old sigmas , 70s celicas , old coronas , old old honda accords and just riped out the cables out of old ke70s there and some how managed to wire them up nicely on there cars...

Just a tip mate

And you should be real proud of your car , you've done some nice things to it.. Good luck with the future

Morgzz

Yeah ive been considering a cheapo conversion but there is no upullit on the sunny coast. Ill have to make a trip to brisbane one day, or save up and buy proper ones which prob be the best idea.

my opinion:

don't paint the jellybean mags white or red or anything crazy like that. its either going to look cheap or like you're trying to do something ricey with a car thats too old to be rice, or a sick sad combination of both, and look like the car is worth $50 including a full tank of fuel.

my rule of thumb is generally don't color something if its already black or chrome. especially if youre doing a car that's matt black you're better off leaving steel as steel rather than colouring it, defeat the purpose of having a matt balck car i reckon, to not leave steel as steel.

keep it simple! like the interior panels, clean, no bullshit.

its your car

Yeah i was of the same opinion. I was just toying with the idea, or maybe painting the rims black and leave a metal outer rim. But really i may as well get rims in that style, with a nice offset to fill the guards. Ive learnt from so many cars not to rush things as they end up looking shit. And yeah you can't beat matt black with nice shiney chrome as the accent. My kingdom for chrome bumpers....and a RWC.

EDIT: p.s. i love these rims, like you said, not low enough, but i want 15's. All in good time. And these will probably come up good with a polish for the time being. ANd they were free with the car along with the 5 speed so how can I complain? not that I am.

cheers for the good words and constructive opinion. Its always appreciated.

Go banana

Edited by blzbub666