Beauc's Ke30

Beauc

So this isn't a daily then?

You know I love rotors but I'd never have a J-port for anything but a track or weekend only fun car.

Think of it as a road car with a MASSIVE cam shaft in it.

You do know what a J port is? There's other issues about them that make them nearly a race only motor..... like blocking up and grinding out water jackets.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this isn't a daily then?

You know I love rotors but I'd never have a J-port for anything but a track or weekend only fun car.

Think of it as a road car with a MASSIVE cam shaft in it.

You do know what a J port is? There's other issues about them that make them nearly a race only motor..... like blocking up and grinding out water jackets.

Yeah it's not really a daily mate, my work is only 5 minutes away and i use an old sv21 to get to work.

I was looking at bridgeys and that but i this one is smack on the dollar and its a fresh motor, i know they

are a fairly aggressive port and are pretty much the biggest you can go before a PP and yeah i understand

about the water jackets etc, i have to find out who built the motor etc first...

Gave the J-port a miss, above reasons were alot to do with it, mate talked alot of sense into me

the next purchase with be either a fc or fd front cut, will save alot of time finding all the parts i need

and i can sell off the extra bits i won't use, next thing after that is finding a suitable diff

most likley hilux don't want a r31 they are ratshit, and 9" might be over kill for a car that

will probably do 11's

Good choice RE J-port and front cut. ;)

Get it sussed with the stocko setup/turbo and then you've got plenty of upgrades down the track.

Stock diff would just hold up to the 13bt on standard boost and sedate driving so maybe get the motor fitted and running, then upgrade the diff...... then go for 200+KW. :lolcry:

• 2 months later...