Ae82 Hard Starting

guido1985

I have an AE82 its stock bar the spottie on it the issue i have is that its hard to start and i wanted to find out why i plave another battery out of my rover (Mower) in it its a fair size its still 12 volt though and it started it the other day but i went to start it yesterday and it wouldn't start it turned over once and then stopped. The lights on the dash the oil etc went out and wouldn't come back on so i put the old battery back into it just wondering if anyone has any idea on what was/is wrong with the little beast. By the way in the way of spotties there is aprox 450 -500 watts of lights on the front. Sorry bout the long post.

Members dont see this ad

Will check those things its more than likely sulking for I used to use it for everything includeing pulling my 1.2ton empty trailer then i would load it and now using the falcon its more than likely upset will tell it i will drive the falcon at all times if it aint careful :P

Talking to cars DOES work. I was trying to start Lola once, and she was refusing. So I gave her a bit of a peptalk ("Come on Lola, you can do it." etc). Yes, you guessed it, she started. Then my attention was drawn away so I stopped talking to her and she cut out again. Definitive proof that being nice to your ride can work.

I told this story to someone else in front of my fiancee today and she asked why I never speak like that to her. I replied that I would next time she wouldn't 'start' at the right time. :P

One step up from talking to your car is talking with a piece of chalk. Tell it if it don't start your gonna draw a cross in the middle of the front bumper and then proceed to kick it with your steel cap boots........works with my "nuttin but twubble" only had to kick it once lol. :P starts every time the chalk comes out now.