Dyno Sheets

curly

model of corolla: AE86 coupe

engine used: 4AGEU - 16v bigport, JDM standard ECU.

na or boosted: NA

modifications: TRD Copy extractors, 2.5/2.25" exhaust with cat, resonator & muffler

fuel used: BP Ultimate

Green line - pod filter in place - 95.4HP/71.14kW

Red line - pod filter removed - 99.3HP/74.05kW

dyno-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A clubman car i look after

4age small port

12.5/1 pistons

supercharged rods

cams

20v throttle bodies with my own adaptor

smaller front pulley

elf racing fuel

131.1hp or 97.8kw

207.8hp or 282nm

red line new tune blue line old tune

Edited by curly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

onlyyyyy bad thing about dynos is when if you have a different diff or tyres or gearbox can changee the hp a fair bit

That is because the power delivery is different.

With dyno's it is the rate that you can turn the tyres, if you have a close ratio box and diff with short tyres then you are able to spin the engine up faster.

The tyres with my dyno run were actually taller then the standard 14" tyres so I lost a fraction of power.

A dyno isn't exactly the best at showing power though as it is a tuning instrument, there are so many different factors in them that you are better off doing a few runs at the drags and using 1/4 mile converter to get the HP.

The dyno that I ran my car on was also supposed to of had read low, I am not too fussed on this as I will take 90hp as a good figure for a FWD auto that has 300'xxxk's.

A dyno isn't exactly the best at showing power though as it is a tuning instrument, there are so many different factors in them that you are better off doing a few runs at the drags and using 1/4 mile converter to get the HP.

Now there's a quote i wish i could frame.

You can claim all the hp in the world, but one full power run at the drags will tell the true story every time.

That is because the power delivery is different.

With dyno's it is the rate that you can turn the tyres, if you have a close ratio box and diff with short tyres then you are able to spin the engine up faster.

The tyres with my dyno run were actually taller then the standard 14" tyres so I lost a fraction of power.

The dyno that I ran my car on was also supposed to of had read low, I am not too fussed on this as I will take 90hp as a good figure for a FWD auto that has 300'xxxk's.

Its all about dyno ramp rate, you want it set so the car is accelerating like it does on the road,if it accelerates

faster then it throws up a unaccurate torque measurement which then throws up a different power figure. So if you change

your diff gears or box you have to dyno on a different ramp rate and load it up more. Thats where the shootout mode has its flaws as it locks in a single ramp rate for some motors. Have played with it a bit on mates dyno and you can see how some workshops get there "higher" figures.Thats how DD dynoes work.

The Blacktop dyno is still the best!

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...