My 1967 Mk1 Cortina

Chobis

Yeaah, love this thing Chobis! The best Cortina out

I've always liked the MK1's too, would like to do one soon.

I don't know if I'm more jealous of you for this, or the Stout though :)

btw, can people stop saying rat rod. lol this style has nothing to do with rat rods

Members dont see this ad
i love yoooouuu!!! and your swamp coolers :yes:

Bahahahahahaha.......... Finally the Swamp Cooler pays off !!! :)

I just had a look on Ebay for a swamp cooler... only 3 on there, looks like I'd be up for $200-$300... maybe later.

Yeh they're not cheap Ken, but in all honesty..... if you want to turn a more diverse set of heads than your car normally would, then they are a good investment. I have had the full spectrum of people ask me about it, car enthusiast or not. Driving with it on is a classic. People almost crash their cars looking at it. Probably not a good thing.

Thanks for all the good comments guys. Kinda made me have a bit of love for the ol' Corty again. :cool:

I don't understand....you do a crappy Cortina up copying everything the VW scene does and people love it. :cool:

I am not jealous of your car, but I am jealous that people love it better than my sick as hell Corvair. :)

Ha ha....just kidding, you know I love you and that green thing that you don't drive much.

Benzo GTFO you will never produce anything half as good as any of the rides on here :)

LOL sorry read below, I don't remember saying any of my cars are good. Refer to my previous post, quoted below

This car is rad as hell no matter what you want to call it

I'm not quite sure what problem you have with me of late Luke. PM me if you need to

Sure it has nothing to do with rat rods, but this car would be considered 'rat' style, which will always be connected in some shape or form with rat rods.

To elaborate on my last post Troy, I do agree with what you've said with them always being connected. Though most people need to understand Hoodride is not 'rat rod'. I don't even like the term 'rat rod' used to describe an actual rod haha

I'm sure Brenton and Darren would agree somewhat, but unless they have something to add that's probably enough offtopic chat.

Chobis, I'd be interested to see a thread with all the cars you have owned over the years.

I'm not quite sure what problem you have with me of late Luke. PM me if you need to

You're just a dreamer Ben, the amount of stories I have heard about you wanting to buy everyone's cars and parts makes me :)

Less time on the net dreaming young man, more time spent on your cars perhaps :yes:

Chobis - sorry to interrupt- please continue :wink:

I saw a overrated one of these in the hills the other day :D Do you ever think you will change your style on this thing and give it a full restoration to overrated condition?? I mean it was your first car and you still have it maybe another evolution is in order in like 10 years time :no2:

Chobis, I'd be interested to see a thread with all the cars you have owned over the years.

I might do something like that some time. Sadly there would be a few that I wouldn't even be able to find photo's of. I don't think I've had anything amazing, but I've had a lot of fun with the cars I've had.

I saw a overrated one of these in the hills the other day :) Do you ever think you will change your style on this thing and give it a full restoration to overrated condition?? I mean it was your first car and you still have it maybe another evolution is in order in like 10 years time :D

Correct. That is the long term plan...... but my biggest problem is that if I save enough money to do a full resto or even start a resto on the car then I would rather go buy another cool car for the collection. That is what has happened so many times over the years. Being a ratter was never in the planning for this car. It was supposed to be a track car. That's definately out the window for this car now, would rather have something else if I was going to do track work. The other problem I have is that if I was going to do a resto it would kill me trying to pick a colour. I think about it a lot and I change my mind constantly and it's not even on the cards to happen, so imagine if I was actually going to do it how much of a twist my mind would be in. I remember my first colour combo I wanted for the car was satin black with a hot pink lotus style stripe down the side. Well over that now. I went through wanting it Lime Green, Bright Orange, Super Bright Tint Only Yellow, BMW M3 Gold from the late 90's, Sky Blue with a white roof etc etc etc etc. Maybe I would just go the original colour Kurrajong Green. No idea really. The problem with resto-ing this car is that it's all well and good if you see it go past, you think.... oh there's a nice Cortina. If you see it at all British Day at Uraidla it becomes just another Cortina. In it's current form however.... love it or hate it..... you can't help but look at it. The Mk1 Cortina purists and those in the Cortina Club hate it and won't even talk to me. I think that's hilarious.

You're just a dreamer Ben, the amount of stories I have heard about you wanting to buy everyone's cars and parts makes me :)

Less time on the net dreaming young man, more time spent on your cars perhaps :D

haha I don't know what your point is about me being interested in cars/parts for sale...

As for my cars, you havent even seen any of my current cars. I sold my VW a while back, I have spent the last month repairing my wagon. And I have a very built KE70 which is ready for the track when I am. People who have seen it will vouch for it

How about stop being so childish, Aren't you over 30 years old? :wink:

but I've had a lot of fun with the cars I've had.

And thats what its all about!

I would like to see some of your previous cars though, the ones I've seen have been interesting

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...