4agze Crank Vs 100kw 4age Crank.

Bezerk20

Hi all,

i have a bit of a problem. Some fool at the engine shop decided to machine the wrong crank for my new engine as i took 2 in with oil pumps still attached as the damn timing gear didnt want to budge from either and they screwed it up and machined the 4age one. Which i found out after rebuilding, attaching everything, new turbo manifold the lot and then came the harmonic ballancer. Well it has a different Keyway doesnt it. which wont be such a problem as i can get my hands on a 4age 1 i gave my mate. but as its going to be turbo a forged crank would be best. which brings me to my question.

Is there any difference between 4AGZE and the 100kw 4AGE cranks? thought i better find out the correct info before

i decide to loose my brain at the shop. ive read something about there being 4age's with the same 42mm crank as a 4agze but wondering which ones?

Thanks for your help.

Members dont see this ad
Hi all,

i have a bit of a problem. Some fool at the engine shop decided to machine the wrong crank for my new engine as i took 2 in with oil pumps still attached as the damn timing gear didnt want to budge from either and they screwed it up and machined the 4age one. Which i found out after rebuilding, attaching everything, new turbo manifold the lot and then came the harmonic ballancer. Well it has a different Keyway doesnt it. which wont be such a problem as i can get my hands on a 4age 1 i gave my mate. but as its going to be turbo a forged crank would be best. which brings me to my question.

Is there any difference between 4AGZE and the 100kw 4AGE cranks? thought i better find out the correct info before

i decide to loose my brain at the shop. ive read something about there being 4age's with the same 42mm crank as a 4agze but wondering which ones?

Thanks for your help.

I have had a few of these apart over the years and I thought they were the same cranks in any block with 7 ribs. I also thought all the crank noses were the same too.

I have had a few of these apart over the years and I thought they were the same cranks in any block with 7 ribs. I also thought all the crank noses were the same too.

i though the same thing. compared the two i have. 1 from a 100kw 4age(7 rib) and the other from a 5 rib big port 4agze. only difference i found (The hard way) was the keyway is not the same size although i have not weighed either. got almost 5 degrees of play with the gze ballancer on the Ge crank. will have to get my hands on the GE ballancer and live with it i think. from the research i have done there is only about 700grams difference but unsure on which i have as the same page states 4AGE engine had two depending on which model. so anyone out there with a 100kw GE crank out of there motor it would be a great help if you could weigh it and post the results here.

This came from this site, hop it helps a bit. I'm not too sure about these things.. lol.

Its about 2/3 down the page at 200-220 hp

There are two crankshafts available for the 4AGE, the 'small' one which has the big end journals of 40mm dia, and the 'big' crank which has 42mm big ends. The big crank weighs about 700grams more than the small crank, (~11kgs Vs ~11.7kgs) and up to about 200hp - 220hp it is stronger, but in practice there is little difference between the two cranks. This changes with more than that amount of power though ...