Youth Road Safety Forum

Toy-Yoda

RYSF.jpg

Ok, so there's a forum on run by a bloke who supposedly wants to try and stop/slow down some of the blame for all the bullshit on the roads aimed at young drivers (yes, I know statistically, the young are more likely to crash, blah blah blah)

You can read the basic idea of it here

You can contact the guy holding it at [email protected] if you have questions for him.....

If anyone has the inclination to go and wants to put forward a valid, well thought out argument that might get listened to, send me a PM and I'll get you in contact with a guy who's supporting it as best he can and he will try to get you in direct contact with the guy running the show (the one who wants to change stuff). Oh, apparently some pollies might be there chasing after the youth vote, I don't think that really makes any difference, but if you do, get down there and make public your point.

*Ninja edit* Might be an opportunity to show that enthusiast club members have a different mindset to the average VL driving bogan, and should be treated as such..... Could be a good opportunity to suggest further driver training and the possibility of skid pan days too..... (at least if people aren't going to get defected as they leave, anyway)

Yoda.

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Members dont see this ad

Thanks for putting that up Ben. :wink: I think its a great idea to get the "car enthausients" point across to show we're not all "Rev head bogans".

FYI this must have only just been organised, like in the last few days?

That triaffic light (at the entrance to seaport) only got taken out on the weekend, I saw it early Monday morning.

Thanks for putting that up Ben. :wink: I think its a great idea to get the "car enthausients" point across to show we're not all "Rev head bogans".

FYI this must have only just been organised, like in the last few days?

That triaffic light (at the entrance to seaport) only got taken out on the weekend, I saw it early Monday morning.

Yeah, very recent development, one of the other admins from the LAN works for an advertising/design place and took that pic himself, seems he figured I was the best person to get it out there I guess.....

Yeah you're right no reason why not, but i don't think i have the knowledge or capabilities to organise a successfull event such as this, only freshly out of high school.

Just for the record, the guy organising the whole thing is only 20 himself (so I'm told)

I say go for it, the more people kicking up a well organised and well spoken ruckus about the shitstorm that gets flung in the direction of young drivers, the better...... (I'll admit, some of it is justified)

The government needs to realise that it's knee-jerk reactions to things are not the way to deal with the greater problem, driver training. If people are properly trained behind the wheel, they can at the very least soften an impact if they can't avoid it (assuming perfect conditions).....

There will always be f@$kwits doing the wrong thing, but for some others, they just need a place to vent the inner speed demon (Eg. Skidpan)