Tie Rod/tube/ke70/ke3x/5x Faq

Falken_KE30

Members dont see this ad

If you're using XT130 struts you will need to use the XT130 brakes (they are larger anyway).

I'm not sure that a KE30 spring will work... You may need to get custom springs made, or even better just convert to coilover.

Use KE30 tops, and XT130 arms will work but they are quite long, meaning you might not get as much lock as you'd like. It is possible to use AE86 ps arms (shorter) but then you will run into minor fouling issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A question for the peeps, I have 2 pairs of xt130 lca's one set has steering arm things on it and the other doesn't, I'm getting t18 struts with kyb short strokes, now, what steering arm set up do I use, because I think using just the t18 struts you have to change the steering arms, but using them with the xt130 steering things, would it have to change again? Sorry if sounds confusing. XD oh I have a 84 ke70 wagon"

A question for the peeps, I have 2 pairs of xt130 lca's one set has steering arm things on it and the other doesn't, I'm getting t18 struts with kyb short strokes, now, what steering arm set up do I use, because I think using just the t18 struts you have to change the steering arms, but using them with the xt130 steering things, would it have to change again? Sorry if sounds confusing. XD oh I have a 84 ke70 wagon"

Okay so now I have acquired non power steering ae86 steering arms, along with my xt130 lca's, and I also flogged xt130 tie rod tube things, these are atleast 15mm longer then the ke30? Ones that where suggested, should I still use the ra40 tie rod end? And what would be the best strut to get? Coz I could have gotten a full xt130 strut including the brake caliper, hub and stuff for like $100 for one, I thought that was a bit pricey so I left it. And I did t know if the brakes would work( I mean fit ) with the wheels I have on, which are 13x7's: but yeah, best strut to get? And also where to get them in Adelaide? I don't know which import places are good and stuff. Any help is much appreciated, cheers Hayden.

• 2 months later...

mechanical engineering of parts made by processes other than turning, casting, forging, .General mechanical engineering of parts (made by ...This troubleshooting guide gives general mechanical diagnostic guidelines. Use the following general guidelines for diagnosing electrical problems

I am a bell end. I like to take it up the batty, yes I do. It feel really nice and is me favorite.