Sign in to follow this  
irokin

Subaru Ditching Plans For Awd Ft-86?

7tune.com are reporting that Subaru may be dropping AWD for their version of the FT-86, closing the gap between the cars considerably.

216a.jpg

Apparently development costs have spiralled to the point where Subaru can no longer justify the inclusion of the AWD system and as a result has brought some doubt upon the 216A's ultimate sales potential as a 'clone'. This has essentially rendered the rumored STi variant a carbon copy of the FT-86 G Sports... Read more: http://www.7tune.com/no-awd-for-subarus-ft-86-clone/

7tune also reports the price for the G Sports concept I posted about earlier in the year is expected to be around ¥3 million (~$36,000AUD).

Members dont see this ad

Dam thats a shame. But it looks too much like the Toyota. I guess they wont be able to market the fact that their whole line up of cars are AWD then will they :jamie:

I've been flamed for suggesting this before, but I still have my doubts about there being a Subie version at all. I reckon they're just going to give up and let Toyota run with it.

I've been flamed for suggesting this before, but I still have my doubts about there being a Subie version at all. I reckon they're just going to give up and let Toyota run with it.

What the hell do they think they are doing trying to make modern 4wd remake of a Toyota anyhow?

They missed the point of rejeuvenating the ae86 if they were gonna make it awd anyhow.

If its going to retain any ae86 credibility then it needs to have a similar structure.

RWD. Lightweight. Revvy NA. Quick to chuck around and able to sit sideways comfortably.

AWD would mean that it would be heavier, need turbos, and just generally have no soul.

What the hell do they think they are doing trying to make modern 4wd remake of a Toyota anyhow?

They missed the point of rejeuvenating the ae86 if they were gonna make it awd anyhow.

If its going to retain any ae86 credibility then it needs to have a similar structure.

RWD. Lightweight. Revvy NA. Quick to chuck around and able to sit sideways comfortably.

AWD would mean that it would be heavier, need turbos, and just generally have no soul.

Ah, that would be a WRX then >|

each to there own

i would rather have a quick track car with loads of grip that i can use every day then a car just to hang side ways

Hektic drifting aside, This little jigger should still be quite quick with a grip setup... Just need to wring a few more ponies out of that godforsaken kombi engine and it should at least keep up with the MX-5's on a dry track.

If nothing else it'll be fun. AWD bores me.

IF they make the Toyota AWD, will the clutch act as a fuse like it does in the WRX

No it will be the gear box that will be the fuse not the clutch .

Come on toyota just make it a mans car ,stuff the vw shit(vw shit funny clubby :) ) and awd nance boy rubbish.

Yes the new wrx is unproven and ugly as a, or mazda3 hatch.

rob ( vw owner) :laff:

AWd not that bad if it comes with centre diff control just get rid of the stand controller and chuck motec controller in problem solved

Toyota = RWD only.

Subaru = AWD but probably wont materialise.

AWd not that bad if it comes with centre diff control just get rid of the stand controller and chuck motec controller in problem solved

I would have to agree on this why be one sided when you could have the best of both worlds

Ken Block don't seem to have a problem drifting with AWD lol...

Sign in to follow this