Ae95 To Ae92 Cluster Wiring Diagram Help

idw

hello! i need some help wiring up an ae92 taco cluster to my ae95 non taco cluster.

i've also got the cluster up for sale in the parts for sale section if i can't get the wiring right

anyone got a pin payout for the ae92 taco cluster or the non taco cluster (I'm hoping they are the same as the one in my ae95)

Members dont see this ad

well i just made a pin lay out for the taco cluster i've got here (out of the ae92)

and since my current cluster is still in the car being my daily driver i havent had it out to check the wiring. but when i just pluged in the one from the ae92 random lights in the cluster worked, i had a hunch that my open door lights shouldnt turn my indicator on so i just put back in my old cluster, but with the taco cluster just pluged straight in the taco didnt move at all

i think it might just have to be another wiring tracing exercise.

i'll post the loom convertions when I'm done for anyone else who needs it.

i also found a full ae92 sx cluster pin out diagram on twin cam and an ae92- ae92 sx convertion pin out diagram for anyone who needs them (both off twincam)

ae92 pin out is as follows

A

1. right indicator
  2. engine light
  3. park brake
  4. speedo active
  5. fuel gauge active
  6. speedo/fuel/taco gnd
  7. n/c
  8. left right indicator/highbeam/demister gnd
  9. left indicator
  10. high beam

B

1. n/c
  2. park brake/oil check/taco/temp gauge/fuel cap/fuel gauge/engine/ o/d off
  3. battery active
  4. oil check
  5. n/c
  6. oil gnd
  7. n/c
  8. n/c
  9. fuel
  10. taco

c

• temp
  • de mister
  • o/d off
  • door
  • cluster lights
  • cluster lights
  • temp

still need to work out polarity of the taco and some others, plus link'd gnds

ok after finally having some time to investigate. my ae95r (89 model) can't have an ae92/03 cluster installed in it, the looms are different the one in mine doesn't have a taco feed wire in it at all. and has a fuel light switch that works off the electromagnet in the fuel gauge. the electro magnets wont work with the potentiometer gauges in the ae92's and 93's. all in all first generation 4afe looms suck. hopefully the loom with my 4age will work after i do the conversion. thanks for all the help guys.

• 2 months later...

sorry to pull this out of the depths of obscurity, but, in a search this post was most helpful. what i need to know however, is this, positive and negative for the cluster lights. that is it. all i need to know. the list which is extremely useful in every other way doesn't mention this. i'm in the process of building a new cluster (white backing, white dials, and blue LED back lights). problem is that the LEDS are single directional only. go JAYCAR!

• 4 weeks later...
sorry to pull this out of the depths of obscurity, but, in a search this post was most helpful. what i need to know however, is this, positive and negative for the cluster lights. that is it. all i need to know. the list which is extremely useful in every other way doesn't mention this. i'm in the process of building a new cluster (white backing, white dials, and blue LED back lights). problem is that the LEDS are single directional only. go JAYCAR!

hey mate. sorry havent been on the forums lately. my build has almost completely been given up on due to my car being my daily and by weeken takes all trhe boys up to the mtb trails.

easiest way to work out the polarioty is to get a spare LED and touch the anode and cathode both possible ways and lable the polarity of the wires that way. glad you found my incomplete list useful make doing i seem worth while now.

even easier is to use a multi meter if you have one, if not the LED and just holding the contacts together will work perfectly. post up some photos of the dash when its in. the contacts on the dash loom just slide out with a small screw driver.