Site Downtime

irokin

So I'm planning on migrating to a new server and hopefully that should happen starting on Friday 26th. The servers actually ready to go now but I need a weekend to keep an eye on it and seen as I'm busy this weekend it'll have to be next.

So whats the plan?

1. irokin stocks up on redbull, v, no doz etc

2. Site goes down at about 6pm AEST Friday 26th

3. I finish the data sync (95% of the site has already been transferred to the new server)

4. Config checks etc etc etc few things need to be changed.

5. Check the sites functions and some synthetic load testing. Optimise some stuff.

6. Site should be back up by hopefully 12am on Saturday 27th. Probably earlier and hopefully not later.

Now even though the site will be back up, expect minor disruptions for at least a few days while I fine tune the server config. Sythentic testing is good, real load is better. They'll be so small that most people probably wont even notice them, you might get a connection timeout or "IPS Driver Error". Just give it 30 seconds and try again.

So I just thought I'd get the message out there in advance so I don't have a bunch of messages next Friday from people freaking out while I'm trying to work. Friday/Saturday is our quietest time of the week so I'm hoping to disrupt as few people possible. I'll try to make sure I have something on the placeholder page to occupy your time. I know the QLD Fools cruise and a Radrollaz cruise are on that weekend. I'll try and make a static copy of the threads available during the downtime and any messages regarding last minute changes of plans will be on the placeholder page.

I'll make a news post next week to remind everyone closer to the date. If you've got any comments or questions, don't hesitate.

Cheers,

Ben

Members dont see this ad