My 93' Corolla From New Zealand

Kiwi-Corolla

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

I am VERY excited to share the news with everyone that my Corolla is now complete with a 4A-GE 20v Blacktop engine :D :D :D. It has been four long years and my dream of having a Blacktop has finally come true. I kept it a huge secret from almost everyone as I wanted there to be a large element of surprise as I know there are a lot of people out there who were eagerly awaiting this swap to happen.

The engine has done 120,000km, has had the timing belt and water pump done etc and is mated to a C56 5-speed gearbox. I saw this as the perfect time to do the swap as I'm almost done with the exterior modifications and am very happy with the way the interior is looking, so I wanted to stay true to my word of installing the Blacktop as a finishing touch on the car.

All in all I'm over the moon with the swap and literally can't wipe the smile off my face. The last thing holding my Corolla back was the engine, so now that it's had the transplant I can enjoy the car even more over the many more years of future ownership.

Here's some pics. I still have to reinstall my TRD strut brace and the short ram intake is only temporary until I can remake my previous cold air intake system as the old piping was a little bit too short to fit the Blacktop:

IMG_2278-resized.jpg

IMG_2280-resized.jpg

IMG_2281-resized.jpg

• 2 weeks later...