Rb20 Ke70

rb20 rolla

hi guys just thought you may like to have a look a my rb20 ke70 its been on the road for about 4 years now an iam still working on it i will give you a fast run down r32 rb20 vl turbo full manual auto 5000 stall hilux diff bc racing coilovers 300mm rotors 4 piston calipers std computer 14psi i will post more info later thanks the new guy.post-10770-1270431519_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
post-10770-1270436412_thumb.jpgpost-10770-1270436638_thumb.jpgmore info and pics car was 900kg when i started and 1120kg when i finished as a manual raced it at wisd ran a 13.5@102mph dead standed just a pod filter 14psi no tune 2.5inch exhaust car is 1250kg with me in it auto is new got a to4e nistune an airfolw meter an a set off injectors on the way so i will let you know what happens when i get them together best mod brakes and the coilover don't be cheap in these departments well worth the money

more run down and pics got the car 6 years ago off a old lady who lost her licence when she turned 80 and failed the re test you have to do when you turn 80 it had 104000km on it cost me $1900 bucks it would use 10 litres of fuel for 100km after the swap as a manual the rb20 would use 10 litres per 100km when driving easy and about 10 litres per 40km flat out. got a engine and box com,wiring harness,airflow meter every thing to run for $1750 diff cost me $1650 and the brakes were $1200 coilovers were $1200 radiator was $400 the engineers certificate was $880 everything else i had lying around took me 3 weeks to have the 4k out the rb in and running all by my self in my xmas holidays. so it can be done it is not that hard you just have to have a go the three main tools i used was an ebay mig welder $400 a cheap angle grinder about 100 cutting disks and a hammer used about 5kgs of welding wire. PS. tailsharft $500 the intercooler and pipe was $400 the auto was the dearest of them all not telling on that one but you don't need a full house auto. by the way the fuel is 60kms for 10 litres with the 5000rpm stall driving easy.

post-10770-1270511489_thumb.jpg

post-10770-1270511633_thumb.jpg

post-10770-1270528864_thumb.jpgpost-10770-1270528996_thumb.jpgmore info the tunnel i only had to mod the front around the bellhousing i cut a u cut in the top of the tunnel then two lines down the side then take a hammer and go crazy then put the motor in and out till it fits. the back of the tunnel has to be cut where the shifter comes through the tunnel and around the back of the box. as you can see from the photo the middle section is still factory just lightly hit with a hammer.you can't do this in a early model corolla without cutting the fire wall unless you move your radiator.next the radiator clearance to the balancer witch i had to custom make just to drive a single belt as these come with three belt drives took me all day to make it. the ke70 ae71 has more room because of the 4a motor thats why it fits so good. was going to go a 4age 20v on nos but i want an auto with a big converter an the 4a auto boxes are not that strong.then i was going to go ca18 but frount cuts are going up in price so i looked at the rb20 cheaper more power good auto options and the fact a mate said it would not fit so that made me want to do it more should of seen his face when he heard me coming up his street 2 months after he said it can't be done. steering is heavy but not to bad once i fitted the coilovers with a locker the steering was a joke way to heavy could't drive it one handed but in a straight line.got a LSD from a mates hilux for 250 bucks made the hand brake cables my self.if i had to do it again i would use a 3 speed jatco box it would fit with minor firewall mods the manual fits better than the auto in width manual was a drivers car anyone could jump in and drive it no worrys but the auto can do the best burnout.