Auto Ke70 Not Running Right Any Ideas?

mozzy

i have a 1983 auto ke70 it has been driving fine untill today i tryed to drive it and it ran fine in neutral and when shifted into drive it would splutter a bit, then when i try take off it just splutters like its not getting fuel,

the bands need to be tightend in the auto but i am converting it to manual so i just need to keep it running for a bit longer,

if i pull the choke all the way out it runs ok but putting my foot down it barely picks up speed,

i am going to try fuel filter, and there is a screw that is normaly on the front of the carbie that goes to a little vaulve thingo I'm going to try put a screw back in that and see if it does anything,

I'm going to tighten the bands and clean the mesh filter.

other than that I'm stumped... f*#king autos, good for nothing.

cheers,

mozzy.

Members dont see this ad
i have a 1983 auto ke70 it has been driving fine untill today i tryed to drive it and it ran fine in neutral and when shifted into drive it would splutter a bit, then when i try take off it just splutters like its not getting fuel,

the bands need to be tightend in the auto but i am converting it to manual so i just need to keep it running for a bit longer,

if i pull the choke all the way out it runs ok but putting my foot down it barely picks up speed,

i am going to try fuel filter, and there is a screw that is normaly on the front of the carbie that goes to a little vaulve thingo I'm going to try put a screw back in that and see if it does anything,

I'm going to tighten the bands and clean the mesh filter.

other than that I'm stumped... f*#king autos, good for nothing.

cheers,

mozzy.

tightenednormally

undo valvethe fuel line going to the carby, stick a rubber hose on the end and put it into a jar. get someone to crank it and see if what the fuel delivery is like,,

also when its running, remove the carby hat, blimp the throttle and look for a mist of fuel coming from the top of the carby, this will tell you if the accelerator pump is functioning

shifted into drive it would splutter a bit, then when i try take off it just splutters like its not getting fuel,

So, there's the problem... nothing to do with the gearbox at all.

if i pull the choke all the way out it runs ok

So its running lean. Not enough fuel getting into the engine, so as Evan says, check the fuel flow into the carb. If its poor then suspect the filter, as you said, or the pump.

If the flow into the carb is OK, then chase the jets and clean them out. It idles, so the idle circuit/jet is OK, but it won't run on the main jet.

The other side of it is a big air leak into the motor through an inlet gasket so you get lots of air and not enough fuel. That is unlikely although I would check the tightness of screws holding the various bits of carb together...

solved guys cheers for the help, it turned out to be a vacume leak under the carbie, it was solved by running the car and spraying degreaser around the bottom of the carbie and the revs would increase when the fumes would be drawn into the carbie by the leak and wh where able to source it in a matter of secconds.

verry helpful tip.