4age 16v Itb!

matronic

well i have a 4age small port with a map sensor i think?

i also have the 20v silvertop ITB'S and i would like to install it on my car

what i need to kno is what is involved i kno i have to get the t3 adaptor plate but thats all i kno, and can i run them without a tune?

someone who has done this before on the forum would help me alot :thumbsup:

what will i need to get it all running?

please don't flame me i have tried searching and i can't find but if u guys kno some good articles feel free to post :y:

Members dont see this ad
well i have a 4age small port with a map sensor i think?

i also have the 20v silvertop ITB'S and i would like to install it on my car

what i need to kno is what is involved i kno i have to get the t3 adaptor plate but thats all i kno, and can i run them without a tune?

someone who has done this before on the forum would help me alot :thumbsup:

what will i need to get it all running?

please don't flame me i have tried searching and i can't find but if u guys kno some good articles feel free to post :y:

If you have the map sensor engine then yes i beleive you will be able to run the ITB's. Although i'm not too sure how the car will run as the original computer will rely on map sensor readings to adjust air/fuel.

In my experience with the ITB's the poor amount of vacuum the engine makes is pretty hopeless for anything let alone your brake booster. I have a mate that has just done this setup with a Link G4 computer and it reads pretty much no vacuum at idle.

I believe that people put vacuum canisters on those setups. So you'll have an air tight box or cylinder with about 6 hoses on it. 4 will go to the throttle bodies, one will go to the MAP sensor and the other will go to the brake booster.

Do a search on 4age ITB's though, there is plenty of pictures and info out there on the net.

I'd be a little worried that a standard computer won't cope with it though.

I have a mate that has just done this setup with a Link G4 computer and it reads pretty much no vacuum at idle.

hmmm I'm pretty sure that at idle there should be a very high vacume present.

not as high as if you are at high revs with the throttle closed, but its certainly a whole lot more than "zero vacume"

you are better off getting an aftermarket ecu to run a 4age on quads, i think the main problem is the fluctuations and unreliability of the vacume source.

with an aftermarket ecu you can setup a duel map type system, where you can use the map sensor when there is high/reliable vacuum, and a TPS based map when there is low/unreliable vacuum. (thats my understanding anyway)

having said that some people have got it to work fairly well with stocko ecu, but it definitely isn't optimal.