The Twin Headlight Thang

Bamboo

I know this was a discussion piece a few months ago. Damned if I can find the thread. I pride myself on checking before posting.

Anyways, a new member came around on Wednesday and bought my exhaust. You know who you are! He had a KE55 hardtop. I took a pic of his grill/headlight combo. Lights ex celica.

post-9793-1270717827_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Oh my god! The one on car domain makes me want to cry! How nice did it look four months back, compared to now?

If you want to do that, buy some bomby piece of crap to spend time and money on to make it look like a mustang, don't desecrate a classic! :(

I know this was a discussion piece a few months ago. Damned if I can find the thread. I pride myself on checking before posting.

Anyways, a new member came around on Wednesday and bought my exhaust. You know who you are! He had a KE55 hardtop. I took a pic of his grill/headlight combo. Lights ex celica.

Looks pretty good. Not really all that fussed on the shape of the grill, maybe if that point or angle or kink is taken out of it i think it'll look better.

Wouldn't mind find out how he did it.

Looks pretty good. Not really all that fussed on the shape of the grill, maybe if that point or angle or kink is taken out of it i think it'll look better.

Wouldn't mind find out how he did it.

Hopefully he sees this and pipes up.

Dude we're not gunna bite.

Don't wanna speak for him

Boo

edit...sent the man a pm.

Edited by Bamboo

That colour looks so hot with the chrome, almost as cool as matt black. Almost...

Hi, Guys.

My name is Neyland, i'm 24, studying mech eng and that's my car you've all been talk'n about. I'm in the process of doing a write up for it, but in the mean time i believe a few guys here were interested in fitting twin headlights to their front ends.

It was quite simple i just got a pair of TA22 lights and painted them up. I'll just speak about the left light looking at the front of the car.

1. Dummy fit the headlight using the top left existing mount.

2. Measure the distances from the headlight mounting holes to the front end of the car.

3. Get yourself some strip steel and make some mounts i think 15mm, 40mm, 50mm deep from memory.

I just bent some basic T shapes and drilled holes and welded a nut into the centre of each one.

4. Weld mounts

5. Bolt the light in

6. Wire it up

The best part is i did not take any of the existing mounts off, so if need be i can just cut the new mounts and bolt the old lights and grill back in.

As for the grill being plain, i'm totally aware of that and i have found a Punisher belt buckle and some studs i'm gonna bolt in the centre of it. It was suggested to me to run chrome bathroom bars across as a grill but i opted not too.

As for looking like Elenor, i did gain inspiration from her however it was never my intention to make a look-a-like. It is simply a combination of my own tastes.

And you are all right, it's still a rolla which i love don't get me wrong, however it is also a learning tool for me! Just a fun 1.

Plus the best part is i've only spent approx $500 in total on here in the 2 years of had her, as the paint, spray booth and guidance were provided by some very generous mates!!! thanks Brendon and Shannon at C5 Systems!

If anyone has any questions please just pm me, and i'll do my best to help.