Quickest K Powered Car?

LXY-642

Hey everyone. Thought this would be a good topic. I was just wondering what the quickest k powered car is? Also fastest? Quickest in auto? Quickest in manual? Fuel used? Etc. As far as I know the quickest is a 13.3. I'm very interested in this and I'm sure others would be also?

Matt

Members dont see this ad
Hey everyone. Thought this would be a good topic. I was just wondering what the quickest k powered car is? Also fastest? Quickest in auto? Quickest in manual? Fuel used? Etc. As far as I know the quickest is a 13.3. I'm very interested in this and I'm sure others would be also?

Matt

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11184

I know that's there. But I'm only interested in k powered cars. And I mean worldwide. Not just on rollaclub. Interested to know what has been acheived with k motors before. No matter what car it's in so long as it's powered by a k series engine. I would like to know the quickest down the quarter etcas said in my first post in this thread.

You probably know most of the usual suspects. Myself, Madrolla68's old car, Darren (Untubbed_20) who did the 13.3. Kickn5k also got a pretty stout setup but I don't think he's ever done a 1/4 pass. Same with Loupee - he has a 5k running an S15 BB T28 on like 16psi running on gas.

Also have you ever seen this one.....

There's also another 7kze setup I've seen in a publica ute IIRC thats somewhere in like Finland or Norway. Never seen how it goes though. One of our members has pilfered a pic of the engine bay as an avatar pic.....

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showuser=637

If you do a youtube search for 4k turbo or 5k turbo there's also a few more on there you may have never seen before.

Yeah knew his name was Darren. Just couldn't think of his name on here. Only know his name on calaisturbo. So it seems darrens 13.3 is the quickest time so far? What fuel was that on? And that was a manual yeah?

Nows the time you need to work out how to find information a forum. Try searching the members for his membername, then use his homepage as a means to query his topics and posts. Then you can form your own Biography of his tuning habits, without having to ask us to spoonfeed it to you (thats all anyone would do). :wink:

Cheers.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Yep manual 5kte ke10. Still actually running a J-pipe and a HKS2530. 99% sure it was just on premium.... as BPU probably wasn't readily available back then.

I'll probably never get Near Darren and Madrollas times just through the weight of my '55 as they both had ke10's.

Yeah on darren's the turbo was mounted on the other side of the engine. Both were also using only a 0.48 rear I believe? And yeah true they do have a fair weight advantage their. Did madrolla ever get around to running his last built motor with the 160 odd kw?

Yeah I think what he was referring to was the fact he never port matched the 7ke manifold to the head like I did. There's a few little things about my build that are a bit better, but I've just never ran as much boost as he did.

I don't think a 12 would be all that hard in a KE10 with the correct gearing and tyre size, but it would probably be pushing it in a 3X-5X. Mind you there was a K series turbo setup for sale on ebay last year, which was apparently on a 3k they the guy reckons ran a 12. Think he was a member on here but never comes on.

A 4age will have the potential to make a lot more power, simply due to the fact that a 16v head breathes a lot better than an 8v pushrod motor.

If you want to go quick with a turboed K series, buy a ke10. Power to weight! A ke3/5x is like 20-25% heavier than a ke1x, so needs to make that extra 20-25% more power and torque for similar performance.

Edited by Felix