Quickest K Powered Car?

LXY-642

Members dont see this ad

Yeah I find a 12 a bit hard to believe also but the guy reckons he had slips for WSID or somewhere. IIRC Radrollaz took some pics of it at the dragway one night, you might be able to find them or just PM him.

Running slicks to try and acheive a 12 is one thing, but I can't see any stock corolla diff really holding up to it.

12's are also bloody quick. Have you ever had your VL at the dragway? If so what did that run?

Nah never had it there. I had it at 200m wilby drags but couldn't get any traction to get a decent time. It's a very slippery track. But the vl might be coping a gtx4202r this time round. I wouldn't expect a stock corolla diff to like a launch on slicks at all lol. Yeah 12's is quick especially when in a manual.

• 4 months later...

Slicks would make the diff last longer than radials/road tyres , no wheelhop, no axles tramp which is what kills axles

and in a ke10 you woudn't have to dump the clutch, just ride it a bit to run 12's with 150rwkw, so the diff may

last a meeting..lol. With a big clutchdump i would expect nearly flat 12's in a ke10.

I ran 13.3 with the j-pipe hanging 1cm of the flange exhuaust joint(so there was a big gap) and 145/70/ 12 inch tyres ..lol

so it shoudn't be hard to beat if someone tried properly. Hilux diff/T-50 and a 2 step on slicks would be the go.

cheers

darren

Slicks would make the diff last longer than radials/road tyres , no wheelhop, no axles tramp which is what kills axles

and in a ke10 you woudn't have to dump the clutch, just ride it a bit to run 12's with 150rwkw, so the diff may

last a meeting..lol. With a big clutchdump i would expect nearly flat 12's in a ke10.

I ran 13.3 with the j-pipe hanging 1cm of the flange exhuaust joint(so there was a big gap) and 145/70/ 12 inch tyres ..lol

so it shoudn't be hard to beat if someone tried properly. Hilux diff/T-50 and a 2 step on slicks would be the go.

cheers

darren

Grip on an underpowered car is what also breaks stuff.

Here's something to look at matt the falcon i swapped you will do around mid - high 15's low 16's, if you can't get it to do that there's something wrong with you lol haha :D , so to get a corolla faster than that is crazy, there is a guy with a ke30 4 door making 244.2rwhp out of a 3k and his car is featured in a zoom mag, it has a 50 shot of gas on it but still awsome, and he said it did a 12.7 at 108mph

Here's something to look at matt the falcon i swapped you will do around mid - high 15's low 16's, if you can't get it to do that there's something wrong with you lol haha :D , so to get a corolla faster than that is crazy, there is a guy with a ke30 4 door making 244.2rwhp out of a 3k and his car is featured in a zoom mag, it has a 50 shot of gas on it but still awsome, and he said it did a 12.7 at 108mph

That would be the one I mentioned above. PM Radrollaz for some pics of it, he might still have them saved somewhere.

That would be the one I mentioned above. PM Radrollaz for some pics of it, he might still have them saved somewhere.

Yeah i saw this in person, pretty crazy injection setup, semi slicks, pretty light diff and box.

Was only running 13s when i was there.

i thought it was a 5k?

13's sounds a bit more realistic. The other 2 guys I have4 mentioned have run 13's...... but both were in KE10's, so quite a bit lighter than that 30.

The guy was swearing black and blue on ebay that it was a 3k. However I just noticed in this pic......

post-3596-1201092144_thumb.jpg

....lugs! :D