7Agte 20V Blacktop

_FNQ_rolla_

Members dont see this ad

And again I know this will not amount to anything, but I have just because I can.

This was done over 6 months or so, with an hour here and an hour there, I was in no hurry.

You may ask why and my answer is “because I can”.

I love your attitude! :yes: Your thread's fantastic reading, keep up the awesome work! :y: I got to the first photos of the head & quad throttle bodies (remembered turbo plan) & nearly wet myself! Was also oblivious to the actual engine until then :blush:

Edited by carbonboy

I love your attitude! :yes: Your thread's fantastic reading, keep up the awesome work! :y: I got to the first photos of the head & quad throttle bodies (remembered turbo plan) & nearly wet myself! Was also oblivious to the actual engine until then :blush:

Thanks

Well I did tell you to think "7" ..... (and not think about "Mr Shades") :lol:

I know I know. But I remener reading about a "k" series crank shaft... So I thought 7kze but then again my head didn't even click when you showed me the pictures.... We should cruise sometime soon. Get our corollas out into the sun!!

On the weekend a mate gave me a set of crystal headlights which he bought for his XT Falcon, but he did not like the look of them (saying they spoilt the look of the Falcon) and said there yours if you want.

Here is a picture of his Falcon.

post-10153-0-27885400-1306137857_thumb.jpg

Well needless to say the old bomb now has a new set of headlights (now I can see at night).

Here is a picture of my new headlights. :)

post-10153-0-54476700-1306137889_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started working on my engine mounts on the weekend. I started with a length of 40mm ID seamless pipe with 3mm wall thickness. I also found that a Landcruiser rear leaf spring bush fitted the pipe nicely. I then cut the pipe to a length of 75mm on the lathe and a little of the bush so it would all fit together nicely. Will bolt it all together with a couple of high tensile 10.9 grade bolts.

Landcruiser rear bush

post-10153-0-64932500-1307272616_thumb.jpg

Start of the engine mounts

post-10153-0-50958700-1307272660_thumb.jpg