Ke15 And Ke17 Sprinter Production Numbers? Australian Sales?

Just posting to see if anybody has the figures for the production of KE15 and Ke17 sprinters? Also if anybody knows how many were sold into the Australian market? I have both a KE17 SL and a KE15 SL, and I am trying to work out just how rare they are these days. Would idealy like the 'SL' sales figures, but would be stoked if anyone can help with total model sales. Thanks in advance.

Members dont see this ad

It may be possible to determine overall production. In the back of the master part catalog (sic) are the revision codes which list revisions from chassis code to chassis code, and engine number to engine number, The SL's are designated by the code S to differentiate them.

There are a lot of revision codes and it is damn confusing. Perhaps I could copy them and send them to you to work out!

You can see which factory your car was produced in. Perhaps we could do a tour to the original production facilities, and build little shrines at the gates. I'd be up for that.

Hi,

I don't have australian sales figures but I do have numbers :jamie: One day I stumbled upon a scan of an OLD OLD OLD Australia book about identifying old Toyotas using there vin and what range the VIN was. Some pages were missing. One being quantity so can only tell you VIN details :blush:

here is a thread where I list KE10/11 numbers:

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=32356

Now for KE15/17.

KE15 wasthe first sprinter.

First onewas made in 1967/68 as they were a late production started at the end of 1967.

The first VIN number of the first KE15 is:

KE15-000001

This number continued till late 1969/70 which is when they went from KE15 to a KE17.

The last KE15 VIN is:

KE15-150001

That sime time the then went to a KE17. There first vin is:

KE17-000001

I don't have a KE17 end VIN as they roll straight into KE20 around that time so book doesnt list an ending.

Now there are a few model KE15 made and KE17. Toyota books list them as:

KE15

KE15/C

KE15/S

KE17 are listed as:

KE17

KE17/C

KE17/S

NOW in my book as it is writen for Australian market says in poor english.

KE15/S stands for Toyota corolla Sprinter RHD, SL.

SO I dare say KE15/C is left hand drive and jsut plain

KE15 is the base model code for the non SL and SE model.

Also in the suppliment in my EPC for KE1X.KE2X and Publica it says in 1974 Toyota went from using SL ont he top sports moedl to SR. Note this year is around the time of KE3X and SR coupes. So some nice ot know not need ot know info.LOL

Hope I was of some help.

Cheers

Cameron

In the toyota book I have I have sales figures for the US but no where else, Here is the 1st production data:

Corolla's first export destination was Australia in November 1966.

By March 1968 more then 3000 cars were being exported to many other countries every month.

In April 1968 the Corolla was introduced to America.

Its selling price of US$1800 catapulted total US sales to 71,000 that year, 130,000 in 1969 and 208,000 in 1970.

Cameron the listings in my book for the KE15/C & S are as follows:

C= Corolla - Automatic gearbox, 2HC, Steering column mounted.

S = Corolla -SL model.

My book incorporates info from the Toyota Vehicle Identification book.

Trev I have some similar data you posted there. BUT

In a few sales brochures I have for the KE15 NON came with auto that was not an option on the sports model..LOL

So the C I feel is something different in the sprinters case.

As KE10/11 can have -b or -Bc or -BFS and well the codes jsut keep streeming froma book I have all meanign different stuff like steering, trans, engine, interior, one code also designates different front struts ina late model KE11 so I have always been interested in this.

So KE15 are bit of a odd lot for codes. As there are 3 codes after the model name and well they were never auto????

Cam

As KE10/11 can have -b or -Bc or -BFS and well the codes jsut keep streeming froma book I have all meanign different stuff like steering, trans, engine, interior, one code also designates different front struts ina late model KE11 so I have always been interested in this.

So KE15 are bit of a odd lot for codes. As there are 3 codes after the model name and well they were never auto????

Thought I would reply to this section too.

-B = Corolla - BTP grade Japan, KE1#.

-BC = Corolla - BTP grade Japan, KE1#, Corolla - Automatic gearbox, 2FC, Floor mounted.

- BFS = Corolla - BTP grade Japan, KE1#, 4 door, SL model.

And I just realised I put the wrong model up for the gearbox 2 posts up, I put the Corona one up instead of the Corolla, It should be:

Corolla - Automatic gearbox, 2FC, Floor mounted.

Very nice. I should have kept mine eh Parrot? :blinks:

But then I would be a sad panda. God I love that car. :(

Other than the modified example sold via ebay in NSW a while back (and that had a whiff of mystery over the price finally paid), and the absolutely immaculate one in Qld that went to Ireland (special case), I am not convinced people will get what they seem to be looking for.

A few rough, incomplete examples have struggled to sell of late. Certainly the odd SL specific part seems to sell for a truckload, but the other bits aren't falling out of trees to complete them.

But as always, if the right car comes along and the the right buyer is looking, who knows.

I'm just pleased to see these cars are still out there.