Seriously, What Were They Thinking?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the only thing really wrong with the Rukus is the name. The rest of the car is great. The Scion brand as a whole is going gangbusters in the US, and it is the sort of image-boost that Toyota Australia needs.....then again, they also need to make sure they bring the FT86, and why not a Scion tC at the same time (need a hairdresser's car to replace the Celica)

Like I said in the other thread... Whilst it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I reckon it will sell like hotcakes.

This is a good thing.

Toyota are *gasp* TAKING A RISK OMGWTFBBQ

If it does well, they'll take more risks... And eventually one of those risks will be a car you'll actually want to buy.

Mark X anyone? ;)

Admittedly they could have thought of a better name!

Honestly you look back at Fast Furious Tokyo Drift theres the Green Mini Wagon that lil bow wow or someone drives, and there is a massive following, not just in the movie franchise in other car dvd's there have been "hot spot" sections in Japan and there are large groups of these cars all modified! Some look awesome!

having said all that, il pass on the name...

Aren't several car makers releasing similar boxes (kia soul for one)??

I don't see anything individual or risk taking in this, they are following the current trend in my opinion.

I personally think this current trend it ghastly and hope it dies soon so we can get back to cars with style.

Aren't several car makers releasing similar boxes (kia soul for one)??

I don't see anything individual or risk taking in this, they are following the current trend in my opinion.

Except that they started the trend over a decade ago with the Toyota/Scion bB (and Nissan cube)... We're just a bit slow to catch on over here.

The 'risk' is offering it for sale in a Market like Australia, which is not exactly overflowing with the 'Inner-city dwelling funky hipster' type that cars like these are supposed to appeal to.

Except that they started the trend over a decade ago with the Toyota/Scion bB (and Nissan cube)... We're just a bit slow to catch on over here.

The 'risk' is offering it for sale in a Market like Australia, which is not exactly overflowing with the 'Inner-city dwelling funky hipster' type that cars like these are supposed to appeal to.

Just like marketing a 1.16 3k corolla in a country where everything is big. Australia is the country of 6cyls and 6 seats. Oops, the world changed. Old skool boys talk about jap crap. I had a boss who told me a story of waiting 2 months for a new head on a KE10. Those foreign thangs...

Just to qualify, I'm not that old skool.

Just wait to to gen z start jdm'ing their Rukus.

each to their own.

Who cares

Who woulda thought fwd would take off. etc etc.

we had one of these at work yesterday, had a quick glance and went back to work. I think its for the showroom in the sales dep.

Yeh saw one today at my work also and had the exact reaction, not really fussed. But i do like the toyota taking risks concept.

Down under we get it in 2AZ 2.4L Auto.

oh well, ill make my mind up when I'm able to play around with one. Something new thats not another facelift of a yaris-corolla-hilux-camry.

+ / - 1 % ? Time will tell ;)