Seriously, What Were They Thinking?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been eyeing off a bB from Japan for some time now, and now i've heard they're releasing the 'RuKuS' here.

+$25k for a new one with nothing.

$15-$20k for a JDM one 50,000-80,000kms with some fruit (coilovers, wheels and a kit) landed and complied.

while it might be second hand, i'm still in favour of importing a bB.

and id happily buy a Tc if they came to aus as there is some sick ones in the us and 20valves basicly bolt straight in

Worst

Decision

Ever.

Sure, the tCs look the goods, but a 20V? The stock 2AZ already puts out 120kw and a bucketload more torque than a 20V, and there's a TRD Supercharger kit for them too. With the 20V you'd be revving the rings off it just to keep up with a stock 2AZ.

Been away for a week, just read all the new posts in here... Leslie, Redwarf: you summed up exactly what I've been thinking of Toyota lately. They have a huge lineup of cars, not one of which has any style and most of which I think the current versions went backwards from older versions... Especially the latest corolla :P

Stop teasing us with the FT86 and give it to us already!! :D

My wife is looking at a step up in her career that would warrant her driving a new car, but we couldn't justify spending enough for a new Lexus and nothing Toyota is offering is any good... I hate to think where that leaves us.

Leslie(ey?) I have to admire your passionate stance. I haven't seen a toyota that really inspires me about since the Altezza popped on my screen in Gran Turismo and even now everyone has one in it's insipid, underpowered (or automatic) Lexus form anyway.

I suppose I've been resigned to the fact that they don't build cars for me and me only for about the last ten years.

As for the name, am I the only person that actually likes it?

just did some digging on this and got some info from cmi toyota in town here.

one majour down side to it all

AUTOMATIC.

no option for manual.

2.4 ltr engine out of a rav4

3 options

base model is $30,500

Option 2 includes

leather seats

climate control

9 speaker + sub woofer audio

$33200

Option 3 is option 3 plus a sunroof

$3500

and if you want one now they have them in stock.

Edited by Valandor