Seriously, What Were They Thinking?

Someone, possibly in the old thread said e7 owners will like it. And yes, yes I do. It's like every car company, someone will bring out something weird then there will be ten different versions from other company's. If people like it, and they will like this. I predict I'll be stuck behind many driven by your Mum.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone, possibly in the old thread said e7 owners will like it. And yes, yes I do. It's like every car company, someone will bring out something weird then there will be ten different versions from other company's. If people like it, and they will like this. I predict I'll be stuck behind many driven by your Mum.

Heh... Funny you mention that.

I showed it (and the bB) to my mother in law, and she said she quite likes it. (She preferred the bB though)

In saying that though, she wasn't so much wowed by the [sic] funky styling, but more so the clever packaging and use of space. She liked the apparent roominess of the interior, comparatively big boot and all the little cubbyholes to put stuff.

So in addition to the urban trendsetter types, there's another demographic it appeals to... The 'second car buyer' (read: your mum) who would ordinarily buy a Yaris but likes that fact that you can shove a bit more stuff into the Rukus.

God that's a shithouse name though. Rukus.

First mod: Debadging.

Second mod: Big wheels ;)

I just don't see the point, Toyota have a whole fleet of crap cars that we don't want, why don't they just bring out the car we DO want?! They're such dumbshits.

Because, dear Lesley...

WE (the enthusiasts) are the minority. THEY (the sheeple) want trendy little appliances with wheels.

THEY keep the company profitable, WE want a sports car that costs more to produce, but we don't want to pay that much for it.

I just don't see the point, Toyota have a whole fleet of crap cars that we don't want, why don't they just bring out the car we DO want?! They're such dumbshits.

How can you make this claim given that they are they are the largest car maker in the world? Sure you don't like some of their stuff but so what; all automakers build cars that people don't like.

They're even selling more cars in the US domestic market than any of the local manufacturers, although these figures probably not so good with the recalls.

And I read the other day they anticipate Volkswagen might top them this year.

I saw it in the flesh yesterday on the footpath in front of the new Toyota building on West Terrace, whilst trying to maneuver around a car parked in the loading zone in peak hour traffic...maybe it was the situation, maybe I was having a bad day, maybe a bit of both...I've found that my patience level has dropped markedly.

Thank you for your explanation uncle shady, it made me smile...whilst I acknowledge and accept everything you say, it STILL annoys the crap out of me.

I'm a parent, a mother, and I wouldn't be seen DEAD in one of those ridiculous looking cars. They're almost as bad as a Mazda MPV, a Suzuki mini van etc., etc.,

Philby: I can make this claim because I am entitled to an opinion, most of Toyota's line up sucks balls. You have the Yaris which is a flimsy bit of fluff, the latest Corolla which is revolting, the Rukus which is a joke, the Camry which is SO pedestrian, the Prius which isn't as environmentally friendly as you'd at first believe, the Avensis which is really a Corolla wagon, and the Aurion which is basically a bitched up Camry, oh and the Tarago which is a tissue box on wheels....

As far as their line up, I stand by my comment - they're a bunch of dumbarses.....they have no style, they have no appeal for people who do have style and all in all, they're dumbarses.

I seriously do not understand why in their range of 13 passenger cars they can't have just ONE that would appeal to enthusiasts, hell, even people who have a teensy tiny bit of style and admire their cars....

TOYOTA - YOU SUCK!

....add to that the Land Cruiser which is now just plain ridiculous. The Prado which has gone backwards with the current model (waited for them to come out, cash in hand ready to buy. Sooooo disappointed) and the Kluger, which credit where its due, is possibly the best thing Toyota currently produce. Although that isn't hard.

Oh, and the Hilux, which is still an ordinary drive, and only bought by people who haven't taken any of the competition for a drive. Even my old Boss (who I instructed for) who was a "If I'm going to hell I'm going in a Hilux" kind of guy, has just bought 4 Mitsubishis 4WD's for his company. Why? "Better car for the money, and a better warranty".

its sad when someone that works on the toyota product every day of the week will easily say off the bat - excluding the 79 series, there is not one vehicle in the ADM Toyota range worth purchasing, based purely on quality. Mmmm.

oh! and another thing (and sorry if this offends anyone - I'm not purposely stereotyping here) but if you put a normal person in one of these things, and they added spinners and a shit load of chrome, we'll have a ton of people investing in heavy gold chains, and grills (is that what those fake gold teeth caps are called)? It's bad enough that the youth of today can't wear their pants properly......

TOYOTA - YOU SUCK!