K50 Onto 4age

kurts1

Hey I'm new here,

Anyways I have just purchased a ke70 with a 5 speed box in it and am planning on transferring the engine to a 16 valve 4age as my daily driver.

well my question is: is it possible to swap the bell housing on the k50 so it able to bolt up to 4age?

yes i know it is not the strongest but its really smooth and will do the job for the moment anyway.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks

Members dont see this ad
Hey I'm new here,

Anyways I have just purchased a ke70 with a 5 speed box in it and am planning on transferring the engine to a 16 valve 4age as my daily driver.

well my question is: is it possible to swap the bell housing on the k50 so it able to bolt up to 4age?

yes i know it is not the strongest but its really smooth and will do the job for the moment anyway.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks

Not possible as far as I know. Beaten to it ^^

Edited by RedKE30

AE70 and AE85 gearboxes are the cable type clutch gearboxes that'll bolt up to an A engine. You'll have to split the gearbox in half, as the bellhousing is integrated into the front section of the case. Find a T50, definitely a better gearbox.

Yes, beerhead is (as usual) right...

I've got one of the elusive AE70s with A series K50 boxes attached. Good luck trying to find one... Though i can't imagine it'd be very expensive if you were to find one.

Go T50 or, better yet, 4A- W5* bellhousing and supra box it!

Did you know littleredspirit is chasing a A-K50 mate?