The Girl's Ke70

altezzaclub

Well, another trip to Adelaide over Christmas, this time I was under pressure to do the 1200km in 12hrs before the reception desk closed at 5pm.  That went well, although not the 7.0L/100 I was hoping for...

Then i got keen over quietening it down even more and bought some foam/foil insulation off Ebay. First was making a few short videos as I drove to the workshop and back each day, now I just need a video editor for dummies so I can measure some noise volume.

I started on the parcel shelf, straight over the fibre-board Toyota fitted in the factory, and I'll put a coloured cloth over it when I can convince the wife to sew it.

Parcelshelf.thumb.jpg.d0329a0394156aa8236e390145d4f82a.jpg

Next was some melamine on 3mm MDF for the firewall area, but fitted much more carefully to make sure there aren't any holes or gaps.

Seatrear.thumb.jpg.6186e77bb4d131568716a60bb0c0c191.jpg

I didn't think of photos until 10min ago, and I'm not taking that seat back out again.. 

The base foam goes straight on the floor, which is where I'm up to. It covers the guard curves under the seat wings too.

Seatbase.thumb.jpg.07699d4b1e2424d8410f693ce3ac6dcf.jpg

So, I'll fit the seat base,  run a few videos on the way to work on Monday and see if I can measure a difference in noise.

Members dont see this ad