Another Toyota Head In Canberra!

john84ie

hey,just thought i'd say hello..I'm living in canberra the last year,am over here all the way from ireland!bought a overrated ae71 a little while ago,am gathering bits for it to get it how i want it!also have an 86 levin and panelvan sittin at home in ireland waiting for me :blinks: anyway heres a few pics,look forward to any meets or cruises ya will have in the future!

heres my ae as i got it,overrated overrated :lol:

john-julie013.jpg

john-julie016.jpg

john-julie032.jpg

here it is now,only a few little bits done so far..

P1010372.jpg

P1010403.jpg

have these bits waiting to go in,need ta find someone ta fit them,anyone handy with the spanners?? :blinks:

P1010371.jpg

241.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Wow nice little collection there John! I like the pano

Have you got bearings for the coilovers? Might be easier to put the hubs and brakes on with them out of the car.

I reckon you can do it :blinks: . Even if you put up a thread, take it step by step, with photos, people will help you out.

Then others will have a guide too :lol:

I think a rollaclub event is due soon... I'm thinking sunday 11th?

cheers man,i'll put up a few more pics of the panno later,has a nice few mods,i wish i had it here in oz!

i have no tools at all,plus this is my daily so need the bits all put in in one day!anyone do jobs in the evening or whatever for cash??or beer?!

event sounds good,I'm up for it anyway..

Edited by john84ie

Welcome John,

Beautiful little wagon!! I love those. :lol: Be nice to meet up when I get mine on the road. Not nearly as neat as yours.

And I just destroyed the center console putting in a few bits and pieces :blinks: It was too brittle for the trim I need to do :blinks: .

Still no luck in getting mine running at the moment :blinks:

So cheers and Welcome

Moses

heres a few more pics of the panno..

dxvanpobscelica098.jpg

dxvanpobscelica103.jpg

dxvanpobscelica085.jpg

dxvanpobscelica086.jpg

dxvanpobscelica087.jpg

parts019.jpg

parts014.jpg

parts065.jpg

has fully worked 5k,rare brand new trd diff!,ajustable front jdm ae86 suspension and brakes,bride and jdm passenger seat,extractors,ect ect

i fully stripped underneath and sandblasted everything,repainted it all,whole underside red and then coated in wax!rust is a big issue in ireland! lots more planned whenevr i get back home!

Edited by john84ie

where is the best place to get bearings?is there two sets of bearings to go in to each hub??

If autopro or one of those places can't sort you out, there is a bearing shop opposite specialty fasteners in fyshwick (I think)

Yes, there should be an inner and outer

Some nice gear in your panno! looks like fun :lol:

Johnie,

Also speak to Andrew or Ray at NSW Bearing Supplies in Mitchell 6255-5422. Hoskins st opposite the back side of the cemetery. I used to work for him in Sydney and then after I left he moved back home to Canberra and opened the branch here. Great guy and really knows and loves his cars. (Races a charade in Rally)

Tell him Ben sent you in and that he should look after you for knowing such a bastard!! And that goes for anyone else.

Cheers

Ben

aka Moses33

I met you out at Gungahlin on the building site. I'm Vince, the bloke with the other red Corolla. Wanna test fit them coilovers in my car so you know what to do to put them in yours? :laff:

well vince,thought i'd say hello here after you saying you were on here!!you get the wheels you stole off me yet?? ;) :wink:

gunna have ta order some bearings then hopefully get the wagon on its ass! did i see somewhere you have some spare rollaclub stickers??