Rod Phillips

1973 Toyota Corolla Ke20

Members dont see this ad

Gday Rod.

Is the diff a Borg or a jap?

I know I have some jap drums at home but I'd have to measure them.

Cheers

R

Hi Redwarf, I am sure it is a Jap Drum as it is original car and the drums have never been changed. The brake people cannot supply a new pair because they have checked with Japan through Motorama and they report that they are no longer manufactured. I would be over the moon if you had a pair of these that are below the max 202mm diamiter or if need machining would end up within their tolerances. Cheers Rod Ps Are you located in Brisbane or nearby?

Hi Redwarf, I am sure it is a Jap Drum as it is original car and the drums have never been changed. The brake people cannot supply a new pair because they have checked with Japan through Motorama and they report that they are no longer manufactured. I would be over the moon if you had a pair of these that are below the max 202mm diamiter or if need machining would end up within their tolerances. Cheers Rod Ps Are you located in Brisbane or nearby?

Gday Rod.

Brisbane Nth side.

I need to have a look in my store room, so I'll try and have a look in the next day or so.

Thanks so much, I look forward to your reply. I will postpone any work on the drums until I hear from you as mine cannot be legally machined. I will concentrate on replacement of the flexible brake hoses tomorrow. Thanks again for your attention. Regards Rod.

Rod, I have a pair of brand new drums (not for sale) I picked up as part of a job lot of Corolla spares I intend putting on my cars.

They are part number DBA 1737.

I have no idea whether or not they are still available, but a quick google search gave this which gives a possible indication of price, if indeed they are available.

The 2007 DBA catalogue is here

DRUM_BRAKES_2007.pdf

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the catalogue, but you could check the measurements yourself