Ca18 + Rb Mounts + 4k Xmember

Jamin1

hey all,

i was just wondering if anyone has done this personaly because i have heard alot but have not seen any finished projects. i am looking at doing this myself ( only because it seems easy ) but i don't want to rip my 4k out for nothing

thanks in advance

Members dont see this ad
hey all,

i was just wondering if anyone has done this personaly because i have heard alot but have not seen any finished projects. i am looking at doing this myself ( only because it seems easy ) but i don't want to rip my 4k out for nothing

thanks in advance

I wouldn't say it's ripping your 4k out for nothing. If you actually have every other component set up to do a CA18 conversion and the only thing you have left to do is a few mounts, then you're laughing.

hey all,

thanks in advance

i know it's not a ca18 and the 4k mount's been cut down a bit but you can see the rb20 mount slides into the 4k one you have to grind the little tab off

the rb20 one and grind the 4k side a little, as for a straight bolt in i have herd it does but never seen it so i can't confirm that one so i hope this helps a bit.

hey mate, ive just done this conversion and tried to do rb mounts. yes the ca engine mounts bolted up to factory ke crossmember with rb mounts, BUT the engine sump was about 60mm off the crossmember. so we welded custom mounts onto the ke crossmember to suit to get engine lower.

hey mate, ive just done this conversion and tried to do rb mounts. yes the ca engine mounts bolted up to factory ke crossmember with rb mounts, BUT the engine sump was about 60mm off the crossmember. so we welded custom mounts onto the ke crossmember to suit to get engine lower.

what is this said mod in? And how much lower did you get the motor in the car?

hey all,

thanks in advance

Hi mate,

Mounting the engine is probably the easiest part of any engine conversion, so don't limit your choice because you think it might be hard to put in something

else that may require custom mounts.

Its all the other things that come with doing an engine conversion that will give you the shits.

But its all fun :hmm:

i know it's not a ca18 and the 4k mount's been cut down a bit but you can see the rb20 mount slides into the 4k one you have to grind the little tab off

the rb20 one and grind the 4k side a little, as for a straight bolt in i have herd it does but never seen it so i can't confirm that one so i hope this helps a bit.

my mate just got a rb20 with mounts that don't have that pin don't know why and for a street car is 60mm off that bad? i was just hoping for no welding/cutting involved

Thats pretty cool man so thats just the stock k crossmember mounts cut off and positioned where you want wicked, lucky you can weld haha,

yep prety much, steering rack is quite close,

also i would recommend if you wanted it to be a street car to do rb box on the ca bellhousing for much better shifter position and less chopping of the car.

yep prety much, steering rack is quite close,

also i would recommend if you wanted it to be a street car to do rb box on the ca bellhousing for much better shifter position and less chopping of the car.

yeah mine is gonna be a street car but i'm using the ca crossmember, i was thinking about rb box with a ca front

• 1 month later...