Ae92 Electrical

z|gen

hey guys,

today after putting my new speakers in under the dash, i noticed a small, but annoying problem with the car..

for some reason, my engine check light, oil light and handbrake light no longer show up, the tacho, water and fuel gauges no longer work, and the heater and rear demister no longer work..

i didnt touch any wiring behind the cluster, and everything was working prior to putting new speakers and wiring in..

i have checked all the usual blade fuses in the right hand kick panel, and the ones in the engine bay..

anybody got any ideas on what iv missed that would stop all these things working?

cheers Dave

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

All the lights and guages you mentioned are powered by a 12V feed once the key is turned to the "on" position.

This wire is part of the instrument cluster plugs and all the lights etc are earthed by the sender units etc.

I would check the 12V feed into the cluster as it may have come loose while you were behind the dash fitting speaker wires.